Close
One second...

Do you like puppies? Or candy? Or rollerskates? Or baseball?

Obviously not finished, still need to clean up stuff and fix stuff. I'm also considering a background, maybe a sbtle house in the back and a few changing clouds.

And I haven't even started working on the layout, this might not even work as a tee (any suggestions for this are highly appreciated.

Also, the colors might be crap, cause I'm working with a crappy, borrowed monitor til I get my new one. So if they look like crap please do let me know.

Also, what do you think, about the idea?

Watch this
mz. kat-ii

awwww i love it! :D

heykimby

Oh Hector... that's so awesome! I just wanna marry that boy and his tree and steal babies from somewhere and plant them in the ground and grow them on a baby tree! Cause that's how those things work, right?

squatterjohn

It's sad when the puppy dies.

againstbound

That's knd of the point, John, to balance a bit the cuteness of it. And besides, it has a happy ending, so it's all good, right?

And yes, Kimby! That's exactly how it works =D

Thanks, guys.

TheInfamousBaka
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I think the colors could be a little more vibrant. :) As it is, I don't think the design would catch your attention like I think it deserves. :D Puppy rebirth!

band-it

hilarious, your mind is genius.

i might add a little sprout or something to the second frame?

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted - Score now!

buahaha perfect, I think one of your best ideas seriously $$$$$$

courtney pie

no, not really, sometimes, yes.

oh. wait. there's a wip in this blog, isn't there? damn blocked images at work. SIGH

Krakaboom

I saw it first without scrolling and only saw the boy digging the grave and thought... well, that's a bit creepy!

But now that I've seen the whole thing it's all sweet again :)

The only think I'd suggest working on is the ground -it looks kinda scribbled.

davidfromdallas

haha. wow. this is vintage hector. AB at his best.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Awwww.....I'm trying to be okay with the dead puppy, 'cause it all ends okay, and it's just a drawing....but it still makes me sad. You're a mean Mexican!

againstbound

Tiffany, will try to make them more vibrant.

Nick, that was my intial thought as well, but I thought it was better if I left the tree part for the last frame only, as to not ruin the surprise beforehand.

Thanks a lot, Alex!

Sorry Courtney, maybe you'll catch it later, eh?

Yes, Justin, that's what I'm going for creepy, then happy. And yes, the dirt looks like shit now, haven't worked on it yet.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Malcolm Man

AMAZING!

myteemo

haha...I was thinking the same thing before scrolling down! Cute concept though. I like it!

ISABOA

maybe flip it - so at the bottom is the planting and such

s

paulburgess

Love the concept, love the stacked layout, don't worry about the colors. Awesome - 5$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zipperking

I say keep going with it, but I just want to let you know there has been a similar concept done.

againstbound

Ah shit, he even used puppies =(

TheInfamousBaka
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I think yours is a little more light hearted, Hector. You should still sub it!

Sarcasticatbest

You used 3 other objects as well
3 diff scenes
and most importantly no tree growing out of the puppy's back

Sub it... or else.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

wholy crap I love the I saw daddy planting a buddy tree illustration, but yeah I think you should still sub, but oh mant hat other one is amazing, colors etc too

againstbound

I don't know, if that one didn't print I'm sure mine won't either :/

againstbound

I guess I could finish it if I don't have anythong else to do...

Kookaberry

Ah that first puppy tree illo is probably my favorite Threadless tee that has never been printed. Yours is neat though cause it has all the different scenes and stuff.

phillydesigner

i think this has a great combination of cute and severely twisted... which is perfect for threadless... i could almost see this design on orange...

walmazan

jajaa, me encanta! buen trabajo Hector

againstbound

Thanks guys, but I kinda stopped working on this, I think there'sno point in fonishing it.

And sucks caus I'm in another of my idea droughts right now :/

Sarcasticatbest

againstbound on Feb 01 '09 at 8:41pm
Thanks guys, but I kinda stopped working on this, caus I suck :/

d3d

dude finish it, but condense it into one image. just the kid under the tree, but with the puppy skeleton and everything in the ground beneath the tree so you can see the whole narrative in one image.

againstbound

That would make it much closer to that other design, Leon.

d3d

oh, right. i forgot about that one. i still think it's pretty unique though despite being a similar idea.

heykimby

Hector, if you don't sub this, you're ruining my one and only chance of having children. How could you do this to me?

davidfromdallas

if you don't submit this bc it's fairly close, i'll be so upset.

againstbound

Something kinda like this? I dunno.

d3d

yeah, nice

againstbound

I blame you all for the lame response this is getting.

producer

yeah sooo lame. only 23 comments in the first day...

briancook

I just have your sub a shot of vitamin C (hengui).

briancook

*have=gave

my keyboard is sticking like CRAZY right now.

againstbound

Yeah, well 23 comments is far from great, and I think it's all bloggers and designers, which usually means the average voters are hating it.

And thanks, Brian, but honestly I expect absolutely nothing out of this one.

againstbound

Yep, pretty lame, I predict a 1.9-2.1 score on it, I don't really mind, though.

No account?