Slogans, statistics and stuff

Latest News:
Top 100 List now shows only slogans which are max. 365 days old.
Now showing the latest OSC members's slogans with a direct link to the member's slogan page.
Now showing printed slogans in the Top 100 List with yellow background.
Now showing the OSC Top 100!

Slogans are one of the truly fun parts of threadless, even though it lacks some functionality. One big baddy is the absence of a comment function but sloganeers have found ways around that by building up communities. If you love slogans and you have a feeling that your precious words are not really appreciated by the slobbering masses then hop on over to a brighter place: Official Slogan Club.

Of course word loving natures may also like numbers, so I have set up a simple Slogan Statistics page which can cough up a quick sum up of what the OSC member have up and running. Just hop on over:

Slogan Statistics Page

Try not to stress the server too much, it is a cheap one. Comments are welcome.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 7
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

colorfool on Mar 08 '11 at 3:38pm @soloyo: You're welcome. I am really surprised my page still works. I see you already have three printed slogans! I never got any of mine printed, so I bow my head!

Dude, you got a bunch of great slogans, stick around. threadless has made changes to the way slogans are submitted. Soon you will be able to re-sub your old slognas in case you think they will have a better chance at getting printed nowdays.

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

Welcome back dude! You were always one of my favorite sloganeers, so glad to see you'll be submitting again.

colorfool

Hey ross, love your profile picture! I never said anything about submitting slogans again... but... oh well, the brain just starts cooking them up, I can feel it! Or maybe it's just a fart.

soloyo

Colorful, would it be too much to ask for a little update ( highlight ) to the printed slogans on the hall of fame?

colorfool

That depends... sadly that update always was a manual process because there never was a machine-readable place on threadless where this could be read from. So for an update to happen I would have to 1) Find out where I saved this data... it's been more then 2 years after all. 2) But more importantly I would need a comprehensive list of printed slogans. Does anyone keep one, these days?

soloyo

the OSC has one that it's almost complete or you can check my spoiler blogs

colorfool

I went through the OSC list and updated my database. Let me know if you find a missing one.

colorfool

@soloyo: You posted this over in another blog: "I don't think any of us will be getting any of our new slogans into the hall of fame, not with this scoring system anyway"

Did the system change while I was gone? Or is it just because after such a long time tons of great slogans have clogged the top 100? I am considering to introduce a new view on the top 100 where the age of a slogan will slowly pull it back into wordy nothingness.

colorfool

Well, alright, so that wouldn't really hold people back from scoring high marks. So I think I will really just add a date filter of sorts to the hall of fame.

colorfool

I now capped the Top 100 list at 365 days. Slogans older then that won't appear. Now everyone has a fair chance to appear on the list some day. And phew, it was a tough move because that means I am off the list, now... sniff.

colorfool

I couldn't help noticing that now not a single entry of the top 100 is marked as printed... I cannot believe that this is true. So: Please point out printed slogans to me! I took my print info from the OSC list. Seems like the last year is missing, there?

soloyo

It's true. there are so many slogans with amazing scores that have been ignore by threadless. Two of my prints didn't make it to the hall of fame while some others did.

tiggyvg

epic :D

soloyo

I would like to see two halls of fame one before and another after the voting system changed.

soloyo

I'm still on the Hall of fame!

soloyo

the good old days

bygrinstow
bygrinstow profile pic Alumni

I remember this... like it was in another life, or something...

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

When I was into sloganing. That's a bygone era indeed.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

When I was into sloganing. That's a bygone era indeed.

soloyo

the good old days

soloyo

Bump, because; why not?

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 7
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10