Close
One second...

Slogans, statistics and stuff

Latest News:
Top 100 List now shows only slogans which are max. 365 days old.
Now showing the latest OSC members's slogans with a direct link to the member's slogan page.
Now showing printed slogans in the Top 100 List with yellow background.
Now showing the OSC Top 100!

Slogans are one of the truly fun parts of threadless, even though it lacks some functionality. One big baddy is the absence of a comment function but sloganeers have found ways around that by building up communities. If you love slogans and you have a feeling that your precious words are not really appreciated by the slobbering masses then hop on over to a brighter place: Official Slogan Club.

Of course word loving natures may also like numbers, so I have set up a simple Slogan Statistics page which can cough up a quick sum up of what the OSC member have up and running. Just hop on over:

Slogan Statistics Page

Try not to stress the server too much, it is a cheap one. Comments are welcome.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 11
colorfool

A word on the results:

You might see a line like this:
Slogans Rated: 38 / 39

This means that out of 39 total slogans only 38 where evaluated. A slogan needs to have at least 15 votes to go into the scoring.

danaych

Damn man this is awesome! Those stats put a lot of things in perspective. This could be really helpful. My slogans are generally longer than those of the winners, so thats something I could work on.

Bio-bot 9000

is it updated in real time? did you hack into the Threadless database? how does it work?

SIGNFREAK

Realy cool, love what you did here. kind of amazed how, but great job.

FRICKINAWESOME

WOW! This is all kinds of fantastic and neato! Thanks for promoting the OSC here as well as making a really neat tool to check out our own personal "high score" board. This will most certainly be added to the OSC news updates for the monday updates, great work colorfool!

And no, of course i didn't check out MY stats first. hehehe.

krokun

Neither did I FA...Neither did I...

This is seriously awesome. KUDOS!

jess4002

whoa, that is so awesome. terrific job, axel!

SnakeMan

and the stats confirm it.

i do, in fact, have slogans.

SIGNFREAK

Just voted for some of yours colorfool

I realy like
Hey funky youngster, what's hip these days?
since i'm an old fart.

SIGNFREAK

Just voted for some of yours colorfool

I realy like
Hey funky youngster, what's hip these days?

since i'm an old fart.

SIGNFREAK

OK how do I turn bold of??

since I'm an old fart is me, it's not part of his slogan.

colorfool

Thanks for all the great comments and for those tasty votes! Rest assured that I am returning the favour time and time again.

@Bio-bot 9000: nope, didn't hack anything. My script reads the members list from the blog and then visits the member's slogan page just like any browser would do.

@FA & krokun: hehe, it goes without saying that I also wasn't the least bit interested in my own results while developing it... ts ts ts...

@SIGNFREAK: I'm not that young myself... oh, and have a look here for the bold text: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_font_style.asp. I always kind of like signs, too, since I once was educated as a typographer.

Krimson

Awesome work sir, that is scripting to be proud of!

SIGNFREAK

I've always had an appreciation for good typography in the sign industry a lot comes down to legibility, no uniqueness. People just want it quick and cheap, so my most used type is Helvitica bold. I heard there is a movie out about helvetica, I have to look it up.
Great to see people are finding your site.

colorfool

Thanks for all the comments! I have just added a few more stats. Is there a really complete list of all winners somewhere? It could be used to put things in perspective.

colorfool

Enjoy the first major update!

Now you can select several members one after the other and see the results side by side. Click the fancy little [x] if you are fed up with seeing one of them.

Hop on over, then rate me and all other members crazily.

rbthatcher

This is AWESOME...but now I can find out how much BETTER everyone else is! Looks like I've got some work to do...

Bramish

Impressive. Nice work nerd.

toopersent

HOLY SHIT! Its the apocalypse.... you wizard of fancy mathematical algorithms....you doctor of sticky sweet scripting....magician of disproportionately awesome awesomeness!

Basically, this is the tits.

Bramish

43% average for me - better than I thought

toopersent

53.4 for me..... probably because it doesn't take into account all the SHIT slogans I've deleted.

colorfool

@rbthatcher: The stats show that you are one for the shorter slogans. I think short slogans are often voted down accidentally by people who didn't really read them.

colorfool

@toopersent: right, it hits the breaks hard right before the delete line

toopersent

@toopersent: right, it hits the breaks hard right before the delete line

Praise Jesus!

and you truly deserve your last name.

colorfool

@toopersent: If my parents would have had any sense they would have named me Jesus... then I could make easy money on some church channel, proving my identity by flashing my id. Slogans might come in handy, there, too. The way it is, I have to do other things for money.

toopersent

The way it is, I have to do other things for money.

Thank you for not going any further.

davidfromdallas

wow - this really helps build my self-esteem. haha

YOU ROCKKKK

davidfromdallas

This pins me against both Bio and Lar - i love it!

Thanks again!

colorfool

@davidfromdallas: Cool... my new business plan: selling fake percentage raises for streetpoints, har har. Well... seeing your percentage, you probably don't need my service ; )

rbthatcher

....voted on all your slogans...hope it helped your %%%%'s

davidfromdallas

I voted, as well. And we could ALL use the help :)

jess4002

lovin' the update!

SIGNFREAK

how often does it update ?

HorsefaceDee

whoa this is very cool!!!!

colorfool

@SIGNFREAK: Every time you load a set of statistics it reads the member's threadless slogan page.

Retroludo

Ouch, the number crunching just ate my ego. Seriously though this update is very nice and it's insightful to compare stats. Will vote for yours.

colorfool

Hi all, thanks a million for your votes and comments! My percentage changed considerably during the day, I am thrilled! And I am throwing votes around at a high frequency, too : )

@Retroludo: Don't worry. You can just load your own stats several times, then you're always doing good (I do it myself... can load once in the morning, once in the evening and see the change). I voted on quite some of yours. Not all, since you got more then 300...

rbthatcher

I'm up 1.4%

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

rbthatcher

THANKS AGAIN!

So FUN!!!!!

Simpletinrobot

this is crazy awesome, thanks for the work!

Simpletinrobot

This will also be extra incentive to delete bum slogans we can't seem to get rid of.

TimScribble

This is amazing. 3 cheers for you and stuff!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 11
No account?