Close
One second...

Samurai Armadillo

• by Tombie
  • posted Jan 04, 2009
  • 4 Comments

This is just a quick sketch to get me started on an idea, so don't crit the quality of the art yet!

I was looking at the armour of an armadillo, and thought it would be cool to mix that with samurai armour. I've been looking at photos of both, and trying to work out how to fuse the two, so the armadillo is wearing a suit of armour, but the panels of armour are scaled like his natural shell.

I think the face and claws should be pure armadillo, so that it's recognisable, then choose pieces of armour that can be made to look like a shell. I don't just want to dress him up in a samurai costume, but really mix the two together.

I need to do a bit more research and sketching, then will start to draw a much neater, more detailed design.

Colour scheme will probably be greys, pink, black, brown, deep red and gold.

Watch this
Tombie

This is just a quick sketch to get me started on an idea, so don't crit the quality of the art yet!

I was looking at the armour of an armadillo, and thought it would be cool to mix that with samurai armour. I've been looking at photos of both, and trying to work out how to fuse the two, so the armadillo is wearing a suit of armour, but the panels of armour are scaled like his natural shell.

I think the face and claws should be pure armadillo, so that it's recognisable, then choose pieces of armour that can be made to look like a shell. I don't just want to dress him up in a samurai costume, but really mix the two together.

I need to do a bit more research and sketching, then will start to draw a much neater, more detailed design.

Colour scheme will probably be greys, pink, black, brown, deep red and gold.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

super cool character design! Not sure how well it would work as a shirt, though. . .

TheDMan

I really like this idea. I reckon it would work well on a T-shirt drawn less detailed rather than more though. Check out the animated disney stuff like kung fu panda or comic book drawings that sort of thing. I look forward to se your continued work.

cherrypie3601

cool idea but i don't think you should leave this much detail in it on your final design D:

No account?
Join Us