Close
One second...

Darth's Head Moth

I've been working on this for some time now, there were some people concerned with copyright issues (though the copulating AT-ATs made it to print, as well as the spoiler shirt) Version one you can see on my blog here: http://blog.jaztoons.de/?postid=71

Someone also suggested to 'fuzzy it up' thus the hairier version now. I really want to polish this one up so all critique will be considered and welcome. Thanks!

Watch this
jaz999

I've been working on this for some time now, there were some people concerned with copyright issues (though the copulating AT-ATs made it to print, as well as the spoiler shirt) Version one you can see on my blog here: http://blog.jaztoons.de/?postid=71
Someone also suggested to 'fuzzy it up' thus the hairier version now. I really want to polish this one up so all critique will be considered and welcome. Thanks!

stalliongsta

it would be cool if there were other star wars-related images hidden in the pattern, for example in the wings.

MEKAZOO

vader's head is just too small. I don't know if it is free to do some copyrighted stuff in PT but you must enrich the concept with some other things. Maybe tiefighters hidden in wing textures etc. It doesn't make any sense to me like this, i see just a moth.

jaz999

It's supposed to be a play upon the common name of the moth, actually, the Death's Head Moth. I guess it's too much of an in joke, huh? Thanks for your feedback.

quister

Really nice illustration. Great texture, color and detail.

However, given the "Silence of the Lambs" poster art here it would be difficult to see a big difference between your design and one that's already been established and well known to audiences every where.

Maybe think about lampooning the death mask with something more unexpected. Darth Vader's head is just too close/reminiscent of the original skull used in the poster.

I hope that helps and thanks for your input on mine.

hellomynameis___.

its really nice! i dont think youll have copyright issues bc there have been designs with more outright copyright infringements that have been printed.
Please crit mine =]

toopersent

the illustration is nice....could the moth just be wearing the vader helmet? then perhaps you wouldn't run into copyright issues?

Check Me Out

Bio-bot 9000

i don't think the play on "death;s head moth" is enough to carry this idea. you could make it more of an intuitively graspable piece by including more star wars references, silence of the lambs references, or biological moth references (like, i dunno, it lays eggs shaped like Death Stars)

Bio-bot 9000

also, i think in any case the face of Vader should be a bit more obscured, not so clean looking. it is on hair, after all, or whatever moth fur is called.

StevenTu

Darth's head's way too small and... what's the joke here? Does it refer to what, Hoth? Errrr

Please check mine out :) Thanks!
Hot cat's bun...

mrjotz

I like quister's suggestion of lampooning the Silence poster. Perhaps the moth could be over Leia's mouth.

The illustration itself is really nice, though I agree with most everyone when they said that Vader's head needs to be bigger.

Please comment on mine:

Barbarian Warrior 7 - Greatest Game Ever!

jaz999

Hm... If I put the head anywhere else, the original joke would be lost, because it wouldn't be the death's head moth anymore... and I don't know how to make it bigger. The design will be bigger than it is on the screen and you seem to all be able to make it out... It's a tricky design indeed.

jillycat

I actually really like this the way it is - it's subtle. It doesn't hit you over the head with its cleverness... if you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't. That's the way I like my humour, personally.

(Sorry if I'm late to the party - It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm working on a moth tattoo - I thought "Wouldn't it be funny if there was a Darth's Head Moth?" - and here I am)

schuhlelewis

I like the idea of adding additional star wars related detail. Perhaps you should fold the wings back to allow the entire moth to be larger?

Check out my submission

No account?