Close
One second...

Super &mpersand

The ampersand (&) is by far my favorite symbol in typography. When I saw that threadless was having a "joy of text" challenge, I thought it would be the perfect time to give the & some special recognition. Also, the dimensional effect is achieved using strictly letters and a vector mask :)

This design uses gradient printing. Thanks everyone!

Watch this
loremandipsum

The ampersand (&) is by far my favorite symbol in typography. When I saw that threadless was having a "joy of text" challenge, I thought it would be the perfect time to give the & some special recognition. Also, the dimensional effect is achieved using strictly letters and a vector mask :)

This design uses gradient printing. Thanks everyone!

vampiresoul

hasnt this been done before?

mgill52

ive seen this a couple of times

loremandipsum

i redesigned one of my earlier submissions since I thought it would be fitting for the JOT challenge.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Yes, it's an ampersand, and yes, others have used them, but it's not like cyanidee's example is the first in the history of art design. There have been dozens of printed ampersand shirts around the web, but as long as they're of a different make up and concept it's all good. having said all that i don't find this one particularly impressive, but ampersand away! I do like the red colored option a bit.

ladrones
ladrones profile pic Alumni

im sorry if this comes of as rude but this is not good typography

RoyceAquatic

yo dawg i heard you like ampersand in your ampersand so we put an ampersand in your t-shirt so you can ampersand when you ampersand

PaintWillDo

the '&' sign has been done in this way for the compo already i believe... mebe i'm mistaken? or mebe not.

loremandipsum

@ladrones: just because you may not like some of the fonts in the design, doesn't make it bad typography. it is simply showing off the diversity of one symbol across many font faces.

and i'm not surprised that others have had a similar idea to my design. it is good to know that others share my appreciation for the &!

Either way, i've had a black and white version for sale for quite awhile. feel free to check it out:
Lorem & Ipsum Store
Super Ampersand on Etsy

&love.

Aweb1492
Aweb1492 profile pic Alumni

Not sure if I would wear it but the design is pretty cool... I like the blue layered drop shadow

evan3
evan3 profile pic Alumni

i like it
how much time did it take?

collinismyname

nice. you have typography skills. ampers&s are awesome!

loremandipsum

thanks guys! its been through quite a few revisions so it took quite a bit of time, but i like how it turned out so it was worth it.

nwatts

"@ladrones: just because you may not like some of the fonts in the design, doesn't make it bad typography. it is simply showing off the diversity of one symbol across many font faces."

Fonts are one small part of typography. If he said this was "not good typography" it'd be because your symbols don't fit together particularly well. They're all on pretty much the same angle and the large size symbols leave a lot of glaring white space.

ladrones
ladrones profile pic Alumni

its not an attack, just a critique, my honest opinion.

RoyceAquatic

Its also really bad that your recycling this design when its being sold elsewhere, if theadless is offering up $2000 for a design the least you could do is try harder

loremandipsum

Chill Tag Team....my next design goes out to you two :)

As for my ampersand design, it was originally done for Threadless (before JOT). The ones I hand-screened were done after it wasn't selected. Then came the JOT comp. and some people asked me to resubmit my design. So instead of submitting the same design, I switched it up a bit.

The End.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I like the version the girl is wearing. Nice colors. :)

Victoria2393

Very nice, I love it with the violet and gold ink.

rivcage

I'm sorry I didn't get to vote on this one. I love ampersands and I think this is an excellent redesign of your previous sub.

No account?
Join Us