Close
One second...

Beautiful Things

It snowed in Portland.

Like four inches or so, which is apparently a lot for here.

Accordingly, campus was closed yesterday and is closed again today and HAHA MY SPANISH FINAL IS A TAKE-HOME TEST. YES.

It's absolutely gorgeous and I woke up yesterday at 8:45 am to my LA roommate's California friends pouncing on her and throwing open our blinds.

Everything shuts down here when it snows. It's hilarious and wonderful. I get to go home in three days. Life is beautiful.

see? Ridiculous. Why are the trees here so fucking cool?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
boysbeambitious

Everything shuts down here when it snows.

True that, lol.

phones

pics! or we just grow dull with envy

margolove

IT'S HILARIOUS

when of my California friends was like "is it okay if it touches my skin? Will I get frostbite?"

LAWL.

phones

wait! that hadn't loaded! nice shot!

margolove

haha aw thanks phonesie. Steve, you're a pretty picture.

lemonalle

hurray for take home tests! and snow!

tracerbullet

i thought this blog was about yoooooou.

lolz just kidding dumbface!

lolz just kidding ur hawt.

boysbeambitious

Is it really sunny over there too? The sun is reflecting off of that snow like none other, lol.

margolove

hahahaha brian. Uh... cookies?

Chipmnk

Ooo, pretty.

phones

i wish it snowed here!

margolove

yes, priscilla, it is ridiculously sunny. I am really sad, though, because I can't go walk around in it until after I finish my exam :(

canceromega

Oh whoa, so pretty! It actually snowed here too (central Texas, wtf??) for about half an hour. It was very strange, and I didn't go outside because I was afraid of how cold it would be (I'm such a weather pansy :P), but it was nice!

margolove

aw, phones, where d'you live? And it really doesn't snow much in England?

tracerbullet

philly hasn't gotten any real snow yet this season. what a sham.

margolove

aw, lamesauce, brianzorz. Apparently Columbus has gotten snow like... four or five times? Maybe nothing deep, though. It doesn't really snow much until January/February there, anyway.

And Steve, wtf?! Crazy. It's colder than it's been in a long time here... I think it was like 16 last night. Not that that's actually cold, ha.

flourpower

One of my friends here is from CA, and the first day it snowed last year (barely more than a flurry) she was SO EXCITED. She'd seen snow on the ground, but never actually falling before.

We've gotten less than an inch of snow in Boston so far this winter. I'm hoping for more when I go home -- I will bring the snow to Philly!

Steve The Great

yeah it only got up to like 40 yesterday.

that's MD weather for ya.

margolove

dude, what?

margolove

and you have to bring the snow to philly, flourpower :P I was talking to my cousin there and she was super jealous of my snow.

mezo

What a lovely shot! Seattle got about an inch in the city- which is rare too. My husband & I hung out on our roof and I threw tiny snowballs at him.

tracerbullet

ah, yes. the infamous cousin from philly whom you love to use as an excuse to NEVER VISIT ME.

nonbloggerholly

its like f-ing springtime in boston right now, i want snow!

margolove

stef! I haven't seen you around for awhile. I finally got to visit Seattle, and it was lovely. I went to the huge Uwajimaya and had an asian-food-freakout, and visited like.. six coffee shops with my friend. Must. Go. Back.

It's so much fun to throw snowballs at the inexperienced.

mezo

Yes, I have been hibernating but....DOUBLE EW TEE EFF! You came out here and didn't inform me?! Terrorist!

margolove

haha, aw, it was back in October... I'll definitely be back at some point, and I'll let you know :)

mooseinmyshoe

Whoo!!

I get to go home in three days as well!

margolove

niiiice, moose! Hooray for schools that get out later than everyone else.

margolove

I need to go for a waaaaaaalk

traecrbullet

Spread the message. He's back! J-Ray is back!!!

courtney pie

new snow is the bestest!

bobobob1230

haha <del>take home</del> wikipedia test?

whisper in water

Aw, that's awesome! I've always wanted to be somewhere where it rarely snows when it snowed. (Wow. That makes sense but I bet it'll take a couple of reads.)

A couple of years ago we got like 25 inches of snow right in the middle of exams and they didn't cancel them. It sucked.

Rambunkcious

forest gump voice
I may be a Californian....but I KNOW WHAT SNOW IS!

Rambunkcious

the way some Californians act towards snow is the way ALL NON Californians act towards earthquakes

"is it supposed to do that?"
what do i do?
was that real?
ARE WE GONNA DIE!?

bobobob1230

haha rambukscious
i slept through the only big earthquake indianas had in like, forever

blossompossum

This blog makes me like winter far more than I currently do.

It was -44 C this morning, and I was unaware that the buses were canceled, so I stood outside waiting for he bus until a girl I knew saw me when she drove by and gave me a ride, haha. I was also mental enough to walk outside to get a lunch. We did basically nothing the whole day.

This blog also makes me miss trees.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, though!

margolove

hahahaha Rambi.

Also, whatcha mean, brianzorz?

blossompossum

Aaaand, that's a really gorgeous photo.

marblecargirl

that picture is so The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe! I love it!

Also, I am a Californian that is very familiar with snow!

the czar

Nice photo! 61 degrees here in Jersey! Weird!

chelly

comment 50ish

chelly

it is supposed to snow 10 inches here and i hope they clear the roads but it stays through xmas before turning into 4 long months of hideous sludge

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?