Close
One second...

Hypothetical Question(s)!

Blatently taken from this book!

19.Your best friend is taking a nap on the floor of your living room. Suddenly, you are faced with a bizarre existential problem: This friend is going to die unless you kick them (as hard as you can) in the rib cage. If you don't kick them while they slumber, they will never wake up. However, you can never explain this to your friend; if you later inform them that you did this to save their life, they will also die from that. So you have to kick a sleeping friend in the ribs, and you can't tell them why.
Since you cannot tell your friend the truth, what excuse will you fabricate to explain this (seemingly inexplicable) attack?

(edit, one more because I love this book so much)

12. You meet a wizard in downtown Chicago. The wizard tells you he can make you more attractive if you pay him money. When you ask how this process works, the wizard points to a random person on the street. You look at this random stranger. The wizard says, "I will now make them a dollar more attractive." He waves his magic wand. Ostensibly, this person does not change at all; as far as you can tell, nothing is different. But--somehow--this person is suddenly a little more appealing. The tangible difference is invisible to the naked eye, but you can't deny that this person is vaguely sexier. This wizard has a weird rule, though--you can only pay him once. You can't keep giving him money until you're satisfied. You can only pay him one lump sum up front.

How much cash do you give the wizard?

On a shamelessly unrelated note, my 70 + hours of intense work is currently being put up to the test!

Watch this
sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

say you tripped over them.

SnakeMan
SnakeMan profile pic Alumni

hypothetical question!

you find yourself standing in your yard holding a gun.

put down the gun before you hurt someone.

jet approves

say they are a shitty, shitty, shitty friend. some bruised ribs is punishment for that.

lyevil

i'd tell her there was a spider on her

silly little charmer

i'd kick them then DROP and be like 'what? holy shit i'm so sorry i must've done it in my sleep!"

memann

(edit: second one added for the hell of it)

No account?
Join Us