Close
One second...

Music These Days...

I was driving around today, and I decided to pop in a best of The Beatles CD I have into the CD player, and, it really got me thinking about music, and it's past and future.

As of now, the future of music scares me, because it's just not up to the level that it used to be.

Back then, music was either about nothing, or about everything, it was the heart and soul of the musician (usually) and was everything to them, it was never about the fame.

Hell, people would kill you over your music, weather they loved or hated you.

Now a days, music is just bullshit. It's the most mundane thing to listen to, in almost all it's forms. I always tend to seek out those bands that are simplistic, but still have a message to send that's their very own, and speaks to me.

And what ever happened to shooting musicians? I won't lie, there are quite a few people I wouldn't mind seeing shot...

Watch this
sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

there is music besides what you hear on the top 40 station

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

i think you probably aren't aware of music apart from the top 100 anymore.

Kensi

I don't listen to the radio.

Chipmnk

I don't know, I find myself listening to older bands too, and you really have to dig deeper and deeper to find music to enjoy.

Of course, enjoyment in music is subjective and all that.

spacesick 2

Back then, music was either about nothing, or about everything, it was the heart and soul of the musician (usually) and was everything to them, it was never about the fame.

my brain just exploded because of too many things to say

EricDiaz

I like oldies much more than the mainstream stuff i hear on the radio these days.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Best of Beatles? Duuuude, the Beatles are something you have to savor album-wise.

All of the radio stations around here are shit so I have no idea about good new music out there.

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

what kevin said

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

It's true.
Music ain't shit without guns.

And by guns, I mean groupies who don't wear underpants.

squatterjohn

Didn't we do this yesterday?

Kensi

Look's like I've pushed buttons.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Sixties music was about eighty percent shit, too, you know. You're just listening to the stuff that lasted.

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

You would have to be living under a rock to say that none of the music these days as is as good as the music 40 years ago.

I'll bet in the 60s people thought the music then didn't require as much talent as the music made in the 20s and during the big band era. It's not really fair to compare music that's being created right now to music back then because you have no idea what sort of influence and repercussions today's music might have.

No account?
Join Us