Close
One second...

Music Evolution

• by bieker
  • posted Dec 04, 2008
  • 19 Comments

Watch this
WhoAskedU

Where does the 8-Track go in this equation?

All in all, it's a good idea, though the CD could use some more, I don't think I like the gray area on it, if that makes sense.

Check mine out!

bieker

crap, i knew i should have put the 8-track... i guess i wanted to narrow it down to the more popular formats. yeah the gray "shade" idea lost it's pizzazz when i dropped some of the colors. i'll work with it some more. thanks !!!

Mike The Vague

I think the colors are a little dull, it's a very good idea, but maybe tweek the colors.

farestmc

Those four are the main formats of music evolution, don't worry about the 8-track. Nice Job!

TanukiMaki

Very cool, though I do agree the CD needs some work.

AshCollins

Hm. There have been a lot of evolution submissions recently, I can't help but feel it's getting a bit boring.

designclass

Fun idea! I would revise the CD as has been suggested. Could the eyes be more "cute"?

StevenTu

i don't think the eyes and mouths are needed... they take away from the illustration I think.

great idea!

My in-progress:
Where's daddy?

alansp

agree with steventu, drop the eyes and mouths

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Instead of the "march of evolution" straight line, maybe you could have the procession in a more curvy line, like they're marching towards the viewer (i.e. the record be smaller, further in back). you know, to shake things up a bit, more dynamic.

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

there was a contest sometime last year about music and half the submissions were an evolution timeline of either instruments or the things that play music and to my knowledge not one of them was printed.

sebastianhy

dude thats tight - just wondering if you could change the eyes before submitting - they are a little to thick on the edges - they just look off to me - let me know if you submit it so I can $5 it

sebastianhy

dude thats tight - just wondering if you could change the eyes before submitting - they are a little to thick on the edges - they just look off to me - let me know if you submit it so I can $5 it

sebastianhy

if this gets in you could do a computer one too - like floppy, cd, USB drive

bieker

i'll work on the faces/remove them, see how it goes. i like the computer media idea, maybe someone should try that later!

i'll play around with the layout a little more, as well.

thanks for the feedback!

memann

You should put them on abbey road. Just a thought.

onehundredtimesgusto

I really like this, but the eyes look kind of weird, like they don't match the style or something. But this is fabulous!

Share the Love?
Critique mine?

No account?
Join Us