One second...

What size to get? Tshirt shrinkage

I'm 5'4" and weight around 100 lbs (yes, I'm skinny). I recently ordered a few guy's tshirts from Threadless — one XS and a few S — to try out the sizes and the unwashed XS shirt fits great whereas the S ones are a bit too large for me.

I'd like to order a few new shirts soon, but I'm not sure if I should order an S or XS. I'm afraid to get an XS because it might shrink too much and I'm afraid to get an S because it might not shrink enough. I'm also away from home for a while so I can't give those shirts a test wash to see if they shrink. Help!

If there's anyone else out there around my size and weight (I kinda doubt it though :p), can you please tell me what size you wear?

Watch this
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

If the XS has a little bit of extra space, then just make sure you wash it in cold water and hang dry. This will also help preserve the graphic.

Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I've found that the S shirts fit perfectly, but after a few washes they get too small, so I've started ordering Mediums. After a few washes (and I wear my Threadless shirts a lot so they get washed plenty!) they fit perfectly. :)

i don't tumbledry my shirts. also 40 degrees is the coldest cycle my machine has - don't know whether that is "cold wash", but it's the one i use.
with both these things, haven't had any shrinkage.

Thank you very much for the replies so far! :)

I wonder if anyone has a photo comparing an unwashed and a washed tshirt.

In my experience, even after washing/drying the tees they still stretch with wear. And they don't shrink that much.

I wash mine inside out (always do that to keep the design neat) on 30 degrees celsius and dry them inside out in the dryer. But it's a good one. I have never ever shrinked anything in that

I'd recommend a S for you. I got medium and it's not tight at all which I like, but a skinnier friend of mine (she would be the same kinda skinny you are if she were a guy, hehe) and the S is not tight on her either.

Just wash it with care and just take the size you normally have

Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

you should get 2XL

yeah also: a big key to keeping your shirts a wearable size is making sure to do your own laundry

I don't really like loose tshirts; I like them with a tighter fit. The XS fits great, I'm just afraid it'll shrink too much when washed.

i've never had a shrinking problem

Well, I think I'll order another XS and an S. They're at a discount now, so it's a good time to try.

I ended up ordering a few XS shirts and an S for comparison. I'll get one of the shirts washed and then I'll take a photo of it on top of an unwashed shirt, to compare the sizes.

Thank you for the replies everyone!

No account?
Join Us