Close
One second...

Sun, Moon, Stars and Earth

Hi, I am looking for input on colors. I wanted to incorporate the tee color into the design, that is why some of the sun's rays are left uncolored (green) and why I erased out bands of green in others that had color. How does that work?

Also, who think that the rays (not the center of sun with image) should be all yellow and the stars white?

What about the ocean color and the dark blue in the moon? If you have other color suggestions, give me the RGB value if you know it! Thanks!

Watch this
heyheyitsme

Hi, I am looking for input on colors. I wanted to incorporate the tee color into the design, that is why some of the sun's rays are left uncolored (green) and why I erased out bands of green in others that had color. How does that work?

Also, who think that the rays (not the center of sun with image) should be all yellow and the stars white?

What about the ocean color and the dark blue in the moon? If you have other color suggestions, give me the RGB value if you know it! Thanks!

Retroludo
Retroludo profile pic Alumni

I'm digging the design but I'd play around with some other background tee colors, I just don't think the olive green is doing the rest justice. Also what's the placement going to be?

Dathink
Dathink profile pic Alumni

Wow nice concept and linework

bsweber
bsweber profile pic Alumni

nice work!

i think maybe the ocean and daytime sky color could be a little brighter, which would help them contrast a little more with the nighttime scene.

xcarnoxometzx

Very nice. I'm assuming this will be on the center of the shirt. I like it a lot. Can't find anything wrong with it. Submit it now so I can buy it lol. Good job.

I would appreciate it if you can give me your thoughts on my design for the "Horror" Challenge:
http://www.threadless.com/critique/32140/Blood_Bath

heyheyitsme

any thoughts on the new color combinations? thanks!

heyheyitsme

I think I like this lighter blue, and less intense yellow. What do you think?

heyheyitsme

what about this gray?

Retroludo
Retroludo profile pic Alumni

What's the placement? I like the grey one the most out of the color options but I reccomend you keep trying a few more before you make up your mind.

Max Stone

Silhouette it with a drop shadow (?!?)

heyheyitsme

thanks! what other tee color options would anyone suggest? The placement is just center...it is shown on the tan version V2.

heyheyitsme

what do you think of the drop shadow which someone suggested--yay or nay?? part of me thinks it makes it too busy and takes away from the drawing, but part of me is getting used to looking at it and thinking maybe it works...

thewonderblonde

this is really cool
i kinda like it better without the drop shadow...
you should show some placement

heyheyitsme

thanks! placement is center, shown in v2...when I submit I'll have to figure best way to show placement...I want the design big and the little tees not to distract, need to figure out how to make a "clickable" view for placement

Max Stone

I thought you could do the drop shadow darker, to define the edges, and place it closer to the image, but generally I think it added to the design, so I am still in favor of it

heyheyitsme

thanks...yeah I fooled around with where to place the shadow and this seemed to work best. I'm afraid if it is too dark it will overpower the drawing. I also tried it in the navy blue (which is dark) and it definitely overwhelmed it...

gosudar

very nice, this version with higher contrast looks much better, but i would chose different background color... but i love it anyways ;)

starcloud

very cool, the background could us something? hmm, not sure color change will do it. How about a radial glow behind the sphere that trails off before the divide in the crescent (moon)

memann

This is completely insane! The background color fits very nicely.

nfriedman

pretty rad i dig it.

helo

it's like a sun monster has control of the night - very nice

No account?
Join Us