Close
One second...

Interstellar Tourists

• by feralkiwi
  • posted Oct 21, 2008
  • 16 Comments

At the heart of Travel, lies the fun (and frustrations) of how it is you got to your final destination. Sure, everyone hopes for a pleasant, uneventful trip to that far away galaxy, but the real stories come from that time your idiot roommate plugged the wrong coordinates into your travel planner unit and you went haring off across the multiverse for a couple of light years before you realized your mistake, had to turn around and take the long way back, through the asteroid belt and make a pit stop at that weird little green blue planet where you met those mercurian hitchhikers and got a novelty snow globe. It isn't really travel if you don't also have an adventure on the way there (or argue over directions).

Watch this
feralkiwi

At the heart of Travel, lies the fun (and frustrations) of how it is you got to your final destination. Sure, everyone hopes for a pleasant, uneventful trip to that far away galaxy, but the real stories come from that time your idiot roommate plugged the wrong coordinates into your travel planner unit and you went haring off across the multiverse for a couple of light years before you realized your mistake, had to turn around and take the long way back, through the asteroid belt and make a pit stop at that weird little green blue planet where you met those mercurian hitchhikers and got a novelty snow globe. It isn't really travel if you don't also have an adventure on the way there (or argue over directions).

Blind Pixel

hahaha, this is awesome.
I'd buy it!

arlee

its pretty hard to read. i hate that font & maybe needs to be bigger. cool idea tho!

coatimundi

I Don't think that the text is needed.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Yeah, no text, just punch up the clarity of those two aliens and maybe give them a little bit of environment, like standing on a small rock in space or something like that to show how far off the trail they have gone. Also a different color for the characters or the shirt. Very funny stuff.

numpet

No text needed, and agree with ^ to work on the colours - it's a good idea though

nicolumbine

Why don't you use a bunch of weird squiggles and dashes to show that they're arguing in their language. The image is strong enough to show what you're trying to get across.

evanleggoe

not text please!

yisheng

like the colour, but no text

eggagogo

I agree! no text needed, the illustration is strong enough.

xgordinhox

yes, no text please. great!

rockemsockemrobots

awesome illustration...terrible choice of font in the word bubble =/

feralkiwi

clearly if i got the chance, I'd re-sub this without the text...

JustDahl

I really like the graphics.

jake1364

i think the picture tells it all, nix the words.

No account?