Close
One second...

The footy banter blog (formerly 'Tonteau!')

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 62
Tonteau

Chelsea did let the side down, but I only stuck on my £4.70 winnings from tuesday's action. So no real damage.

I can't bet on Everton, we're too unpredictable....and if I did, I'd bet on Liege qualifying. I'm so nervous about tonight, we've definitely got the toughest draw and we've been playing shite. Hope we can do a job on them, though. All the best everyone.

Tonteau

I think you fell out of love with me when you realised I wasn't a girl, Jebbie.

aled

Yeah - I can't say I'm confident for Everton or Spurs tonight. But knowing my luck both will qualify and Pompey will have a shocker.

Fingers crossed for all though. I like seeing British clubs do well.

Tonteau

Did you watch the first leg of the Pompey game, Fatheed?

Guimares were poor. Decent on the ball, but no cutting edge at all. I'm sure you'll win. I'd even put money on it.

Gar0

Betting on your own team is generally frowned upon by me, but that's a good outcome. I've got my accumulator set out for this weekend, but I might give this one a shot.

aled

I was in NY, but watch some highlights. I probably will put money on it.

Bramish

I've just put £20 on an Everton, Pompey, Spurs accumulator. I figure with all the good luck I've had of late I can't fail.

aled

I put a tenner down on the same thing. I didn't have the confidence for the full 20.

Tonteau

Way to curse my team, Bram.

Gar0

The Toffees have to go for the win tonight, so should be interesting.

I fear Spurs will attempt to consolidate and defend our lead. That can only spell trouble, as Woodgate & Dawson are looking more like a slapstick comedy duo with every game.

Bramish

Hey, remember the last time I bet on the footy - I got a 6 match accumulator in for £300.

aled

What odds did you get, btw Bram?

Gar0

Infact I'd put money on all the Brit teams losing tonight.

Bramish

none of them that high, but as an accumulator £20 will net me £320.

Tonteau

Jebbie on Oct 02 '08 at 7:10am I think I fell out of love with you when I realised you weren't a french dessert. And when you don't ever talk to me either

----------

Jebbie, look at your latest blog......it makes no sense. All the rest are about your hair which I know very little about.

aled

wtf - Spurs have kicked off.

Gar0

Krakow are sounding on top form. I give LK about 50 minutes before he gets another injury, and that's the last we see of him till next season.

aled

It's gonna be a 0-0 or a 1-0 probably. 1-0 to Krakow = disaster for Spurs.

aled

and disaster for my £10

Gar0

At least we've got a half decent team out that will create chances. Shame we don't have anyone to finish them.

Gar0

It's end to end. I'm nervous.

aled

Bloody hell, Spurs. Lucky to go in with a clean sheet there. Still - maybe it's a sign that the luck is with Spurs.

Tonteau

I'm getting my updates of the BBC.

"What's the difference between Tottenham Hotspur and a triangle? A triangle has more points."

Badum Tshhhh

aled

Finishing by both sides is pretty poor to be honest, although Krakow look more convincing in the build-up.

Tonteau

I prefered the old title.

aled

haha. Spurs are looking better now.

aled

GET IN SPURS.

Gar0

;-)

Gar0

At least we've got a half decent team out that will create chances. Shame we don't have anyone to finish them.

Luckily for us Krakow finished it for us. Good ball in by the sound of it.

aled

Yeah. Spurs are getting their shit together now. Likely to score on the break as Krakow try to score.

Gar0

My live feed's gone down, what's happening?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

aled

1-1

aled

7 minutes of time to go.

Nervous times for Spurs.

Looks like my £10 is gone.

aled

Lovely lob for the Krakow goal.

Spurs are wasting every second they can now.

Gar0

Woodgate does it again. He'd laid down the carpet and wrote the invite himself.

Gar0

Michael, I take it back. You're not the Harold Lloyd I pegged you for.

aled

Spurs are crap. :( Stupid ruined bet.

Gar0

phhhhhhew

Gar0

yeah...glad I stuck to my principles and didn't take that bet on.

aled

Start of the second half Spurs were better, but they were still desperately poor upfront and shakey at the back. The jury is still out on Gomez, also.

Gar0

He's ok, not a bad shot stopper, but seems to prefer to parry when he really should be holding on to some efforts. Still early days, I don't feel like we've lost anything with Robinson out of the picture.

If Ledley can stay fit, we'll be alright.

aled

20 minutes to save the European campaign. Come on Everton.

aled

Bad luck Tont.

aled

This is turning out to be a pretty depressing evening.

aled

Pheeeeew. What a delightful end to a nervous night.

Crouchy's second was a cracker.

aled

You always sound like a weido

Tonteau

Fucking shite bet, that.

Typical Everton luck, qualify highest for the Uefa and get the best fecking team in qualifying. Pisses me off to think that city go through from the fair play league and played some rubbish from cyprus. Ah well, it's not life or death.

aled

There's always the FA Cup

Tonteau

Haha. Fat fucking chance, mate.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7