Close
One second...

Bird Lover

• by wayneking
  • posted Sep 15, 2008
  • 20 Comments

This is my second submission to Threadless, and is also intended for the "Loves" drawing challenge. I am not unlike most naturalists, in that we often find ourselves sketching the "Drama" of wildlife. So, while doing a little bird watching this spring, I thought to myself, what indeed classifies someone as a bird lover? Does it mean they normally hang out scantily clad in the wild underbrush while gifting small sentiments of affection? Probably not, but at least it made for a nice illustration.

Cheers!

Watch this
wayneking
wayneking profile pic Alumni

This is my second submission to Threadless, and is also intended for the "Loves" drawing challenge. I am not unlike most naturalists, in that we often find ourselves sketching the "Drama" of wildlife. So, while doing a little bird watching this spring, I thought to myself, what indeed classifies someone as a bird lover? Does it mean they normally hang out scantily clad in the wild underbrush while gifting small sentiments of affection? Probably not, but at least it made for a nice illustration.

Cheers!

Nate Der

I made out with a bird once...better kissers than you might think.

cyanidee

i kissed a bird and i liked it

jessicajaret

You are one talented woman--must be all that sangria.

empiricist
empiricist profile pic Alumni

really nice composition and great clean illustration!

anwarrafiee
anwarrafiee profile pic Alumni

yes!
so sweet.
voted

Print_Yourself

Lol, you´re a bird lover?^^
Voted!

coffeelover100

Wow...that is absolutely lovely. I would definitely buy this one!
I love how the birds rise upwards across the shirt.

cburnette

Sweet, the bird lover is a red head!

weeeendy

fabulous wayneking

bsweber
bsweber profile pic Alumni

this is really nice, it's surprising it has so few comments

LaBoo

Beautiful design.
The orange and brown is refreshing.
Pretty without being cute.
Great movement.
Very nice.
What a pro.

ateneral

I definitely think that Threadless is a better place for this shirt, since I know what its original intent was. Really nice Erin. I'm looking forward to many more.

dadechris

Nice illustration, not sure the outline is necessary around the female figure, however nicely done!

A Bilingual Eve

I love how the flowers are transforming subtly into birds. So lovely.

wayneking
wayneking profile pic Alumni

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions so far. There were some fantastic submissions to the "Loves Drawing" challenge, and it's a great feeling just to still be in the mix! Cheers to all, and thanks again!

venuslord

I would wear this and nothing else! Peace!

coffeelover100

I love your placement, and the whole theme is just lovey! I'd buy this.

nwromano

Placement = Superb. Illustration = Beautiful. Birds = Cliche

So many bird designs! That and the damn telephone wires. Don't mind me, it's actually a really good design.

alexandre.mess

I agree with nwromano.. But you got the talent!!

No account?
Join Us