Close
One second...

Help me with my walls (please)

At the moment I've got very little on my walls and I'd like to change that.

I got this for my birthday recently and I'm looking for some stuff to compliment it to cover my lounge room walls. Either in a similar style or with similar themes.

I like graffiti art and manga type stuff. Where should I be looking?

(oh, my walls are a really pale green and the feature wall in the lounge room is a red ochre colour not dissimilar to Ayers rock)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
the czar

I don't know, but that poster is awesome. Is that based on the videogame war of the monsters? Because that is one of my favorite games ever

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni

you're in melb.
just invite some graff artists/stencilors over for dinner and tell'em to go crazy

Neon Samurai

I was thinking maybe this:

Neon Samurai

That's not a bad idea Pascal, though I'd prefer the art to be hung on the walls, rather than applied directly to them.

the czar

That is pretty sweet, too. It would go good with the red wall

roboroller

funky, just copy and paste, but seriously...they have GREAT stuff there.

Krakaboom
Krakaboom profile pic Alumni

Man, I love that poster - I've half tempted to buy it myself. And that little left-behind robot is beautifully done too.

How big are they? I mean if they're quite large, you probably don't want many more things on your walls - you don't want your place to end up looking like a teenager's room.

nigerian_orchid

No suggestions sorry!
But... I really liked both the War of the Monsters (?) and the lonely robot.
And Kraka, I take serious offence to don't want your place to end up looking like a teenager's room. I think my Wall (now Walls) of Favourites is beautiful.

roboroller

I really super love that gorrilla vs. robot thing, I couldn't FIND it in that link you gave though, bummer, I would put that up on my walls.

Neon Samurai

The print in the blog header is 60cms by 76cms (two by two and a half feet) including the frame, the Ray Frendan print I posted above comes in sizes between 32.5cms x 47.5cms (thirteen by nineteen inches) and 60cms x 90cms (two feet by three feet).

My lounge room is pretty large (it's kind of an open plan lounge/dining area) so I'd probably get away with one or two small things on a third wall but I wouldn't want any more than that.

Neon Samurai

One sec roboroller I'll get you a direct link.

Krakaboom

Have you got a larger picture of that battle scene? I'd like to use it as my desktop background.

Neon Samurai

roboroller: You can find it here but it's not in their online shop so either you can contact them or if you want I can swing in and see how much they'll sell an unframed print for and post it to you?

Krakaboom

Presumably these will be framed or something? I'm not sure a blue-tacked poster would look so hot in any lounge.

roboroller

that's friggin THOUGHTFULL, but you know...my girlfriend would NEVER let me hang that up anywhere in our apartment anyway (sigh)...

Neon Samurai

I don't I'm sorry to say kraka - I ripped that one straight off their website. I could probably make one though if you want?

Neon Samurai

And yes Kraka - I'll be framing anything that doesn't come framed.

Krakaboom

Neon - no need, I did a search online for it and found a larger version online, which is now my desktop. It's fab.

Neon Samurai

Man, now I really want to play that game.

nigerian_orchid

Wow, Kraka, you know of blue-tack. I have yet to find anyone, excluding you, who knows of, or at least calls it, blue-tack.

Neon Samurai

It's a brand here in Oz, only it's spelt "Blu-Tack"

Krakaboom

I, on the other hand, have yet to meet anyone who DOESN'T know of blue tack.

Krakaboom

Neon, it probably IS spelt Blu-Tack everywhere :)

Krakaboom

Gosh, my desktop looks great. Pity it's 17", so it's not as sharp as it would've been on a smaller screen.

nigerian_orchid

Oh. Maybe it's just the people I've been talking to.

New Friends Required!

Neon Samurai

Leon IM'd me this site which has some ace stuff though apparently their store doesn't respond to emails.

Found some of my more favourite threadless designers sites too: Travis Pitts, Leon Ryan - though neither of them have stores.

shakes fist at heavens

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i bought some awesome retro movie posters in Chapel St Bazaar once.

Neon Samurai

Yeah, I've been meaning to do a trip out to Villain because there's usually cool stuff out there

Neon Samurai

Man, that is a pretty cool poster.

Neon Samurai

This is kind of cool but I think I'll looking for something that's vertical rather than horizontal.

Neon Samurai

I like this too but it has the same problem as the above.

Anyone else got some suggestions on where I should be looking?

Neon Samurai

Cute, but definitely too girly for me.

Villain was a bust (just got back from there) though one of the artists from there made these:

Neon Samurai

oops, html fail, this one too:

Neon Samurai

This isn't really the size or shape that I was looking for but it's pretty ace anyway.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us