Close
One second...

Hang-gliding Manatee

• by Mr Aaseng
  • posted Aug 27, 2008
  • 23 Comments

Contrary to popular belief, manatees, though loveable, are quite poor hang-gliders. This 8 color tee-shirt attempts to address this fact.

Colors: white, black, dark gray, medium gray, light gray, red, light brown, dark brown.

Watch this
Mr Aaseng

Contrary to popular belief, manatees, though loveable, are quite poor hang-gliders. This 8 color tee-shirt attempts to address this fact.

Colors: white, black, dark gray, medium gray, light gray, red, light brown, dark brown.

seldon452

Hhahah, this is funny.

I just wish it wasn't in a box and it read in the past tense.

Still, $5.

NotJustAPoeticFace

I believe you've found the "randomness touch" which all Threadless-obsessives seek. Congrats.

whirzle1
whirzle1 profile pic Alumni

I'll rate this high because of my recent interest in the hilarity of manatees

joannchilada

I would want just the manatee and handglider - no bg, box, or text. I like.

swivelhips21

That type looks really bad, it looks out of place with your illustration, and the line weight fights with the width of the boarder, it would be for effective without the type, and the manatee crashing into the background color of the shirt rather than making a ground color, and having to contain it.

Mr Aaseng

good suggestions, everyone. Is it stuck the way it is, or can I alter it while it's up?

The-Invisible

I agree with the type comment. Font looks really average and mundane, pretty much the style you'd find on your average cafepress shirt. Apart from that, cool idea.

Shiv Katall

That's a good point. I notice everyone on threadless tells people to change thier stuff, but I have no Idea if you are allowed to do it after it's already up.

I think the idea is to rate it high if you like the Idea and trust the artist to change it when it gets chosen.

That being said, lose the BG, Text and Box. The excellent drawing is all you need. I'll give it a 5$ in hopes you remember the suggested changes.

Mr Aaseng

Hey, you got it, changes to be made. I appreciate the feedback! Thanks.

Kaskeloten

I really like the text, though not the font. I do not think you should completely lose it.

dman334

Awesome! 5 out of 5!

Psuedonym

I personally would like this a lot better without any text or border. The illustration's great on its own.

Binary Octopus

"So you thought your manatee could hang-glide" and no border.

welshalex

I laughed. I'd buy it.

jessieperson

Yeah, no text, no border, just one huge manatee. The text would be an awesome title :)

zeki

OMG OMG $5 I LOVE IT!

Monster Mind

nice idea and art, but dont like the boxy egdes

beanboy3001

This is a great shirt! haha.
I love random

McGeely

Awesome times! I also think it doesn't need the box or text.

yao_plus_ska

i don't think it was ever a popular beleif

InaBee

yes, get rid of the box and the ground color, so that the cracked earth works with the tee color

nothingtoffer

im okay with having the text on the shirt. you should definitely make your own font or something though.
and i agree- past tense would be great.
and i am another vote for no border and no ground color.

No account?