Close
One second...

Please respond. =]

I bought this shirt about ten minutes ago. I absolutely adore it, though I have lost 2 friends to suicide. Perhaps I love it for that reason.

Then again, to me, it isn't neccessarily about suicide. It's more about dying, and the beauty that comes after death. Or maybe the metamorphosis into a new person after you die.

My mother doesn't think so.

She hasn't forbidden me from purchasing it, but she has told me she doesn't approve and that I can't wear it around her, or to school.

Should I cancel my order? I mean, the shirt is beautiful. I'm not the type to purchase some hysterically morbid shirt just for shock value. It means something to me, and I like it, but I see her point.

I don't know.

Opinions, please? Or some way to explain to my mom why I like this shirt?

Thanks to anyone who responds. =]

Watch this
RobertSilver

the power,
fight it?

i don't know

Tess Fondie

if you are buying it with your own money, and really want it that badly- then do it

you can always wear a jacket over it whenever mom's around

reemregret

Haha. Yea, I guess I just don't want to disrespect her.

Hmm, yea, I could.

Thanks. =]

upso
upso profile pic Alumni

i think it's about whatever you want it to be about. just like a song, or any other art. :)

reemregret

Hahaha, that's just a brilliant idea. That'd make my mom proud, for sure.

Yea, you're right. Thanks! =D

.oOJASTOo.

the shirt is very powerful and it will certainly offend people who can't see past its initial violent nature. To me it make light of a very heavy subject. If your going to wear it then you should be prepared to explain whatever you think it intentions are.

No account?
Join Us