Close
One second...

Trying My Hand At Slogans

So Yeah,

Being the money hungry teenager that I am, it was only a matter of time before I decided to give Threadless a go. Unfortunately, all chances (if you can even call them that) of me getting my stuff selected due to my sense of humor is almost completely erased thanks to my lack of ability to draw. Luckily, I have the option of making T-Shirt Slogans, which I have started to day.

It's actually kind of fun. I mean, it's no more "work" than just typing out what my brain is thinking. In a way, it's kind of like Blogging. Okay, maybe it's a bit easier and less...I don't know, emo.

At any rate, my slogans are out there waiting to be voted on. What I really need is some tips on what Threadless is looking for in a slogan. Anything that will increase my chances of being selected would be great. If you've ever written a slogan for Threadless, PLEASE reply to this. KTHXBAI.

With that being said, I might eventually do some stuff with an artist, but it's doubtful.

Watch this
FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Good luck on your stuff....i like your pirate slogan. I think it takes a bit more work than just typing random stuff like you said, but hey, whatever way works for you!

Tydus

HAHA, I know it takes work, I just don't have the determination and/or time to do anything other than just be funny.

Any votes you give me are much appreciated. Do you have any idea how many slogan based submissions actually get picked?

hanzabean

Not many.

Also, "It's not the kind of clothes you where, it's what's underneath."

It is wear. Where denotes location, wear is a verb.
Juuuust saying.

FRICKINAWESOME

They are picked sporadically, usually one a month or every two months, and reprints of old slogan tees once or twice a month. So it's not the most sure-fire way to make cash, it's more of an honor to get your stuff on wearable fabric and shipped around the world while knowing you are making people happy. But 200 bucks and a hundred in gift certificates is certainly better than nothing, especially if you're a starving teenager!

FRICKINAWESOME

Never correct tydus hanza! He comes from a long line of funny people writing funny stuff and just assume you don't get the joke if you find something wrong!

RobertSilver

nice slogans

you can has avatar?

Tydus

Better than nothing for sure. Remember: This is just a trial. If people actually LIKE my stuff, I'm going to be working with an artist to get some decent non-slogan submissions.

I fixed the grammar error in the shirt, thanks. Unfortunately, this means it needs to re-earn all of the votes it got last time, so vote up!

Some questions:

1) Do you get a free copy of YOUR shirt if you win a prize or do you need to spend part of your $100 gift certificate?

2) Are slogan based shirts eligible for the $500 re-print bonus?

3) Can slogan based shirts be in the Besttee contests?

RobertSilver

i know they can be reprinted, but i doubt it is a $500 reward since the original prize is only $200

it's probably no reprint bonus

FRICKINAWESOME

You get another hundred bucks and a hundred dollar GC when your stuff is re-printed. You don't get a free copy of your shirt. And slogan of the year is one of the bestee categories, which i am very honored to annouce i won last year, which netted me another thousand bucks for it and the coolest toprhy of my life!

Tydus

You won?!?! Congratulations, dude. And you complimented MY work? Wow, I don't know what to say...I'm honored. Thank you.

RobertSilver

ya... FA is kinda a big deal

Tydus

I can tell, your slogans are SOOO AMAZING!

FRICKINAWESOME

ha, i'm not that big of an anything, but thanks rob and no prob tydus. Keep at it dude!

Tydus

I will, I will.

Honestly, this started as a plot to get some cash for a new camera (filming a comedy series for YouTube) but has really ended up quite fun. Thanks.

CuteTeezRule

Don't give up on drawing, just get a pencil and paper and just let yourself doodle anything. Doodle stuff whilst on the phone or bored in class. The simplest doodles can end up being great graphics for shirts.

Krakaboom
Krakaboom profile pic Alumni

FA is the slogan and collab king. Thou hast been blessed.

Me, I can't come up with a single slogan that I would wear, so I've never submitted any.

Tydus

What's considered a "good" score as far as percentages go?

Also, how long does it take for Threadless staff to get back to you?

Tydus

What's considered a "good" score as far as percentages go?

Also, how long does it take for Threadless staff to get back to you?

No account?
Join Us