Close
One second...

No More Mr.Passive-Resistance

• by Numinous
  • posted Jul 29, 2008
  • 63 Comments

Emaciated, frail, and yet determined, Gandhi packs an AK-47 to fight British rule of India. Usually a meek and pious pacifist, a pioneer of non-violent resistance, suddenly a mystical vision of a huge "AK" in his hands became irresistible. The size and weight (about 10 pounds) at first intimidated him, but nothing could assuage his thirst for blood. Though merely 5'-4" in height, his heart was as large as his AK.

Created via free-hand illustration and finished in CS3 with a dash of 8-bit video game feel. Less than six colors involved, but could probably benefit from simulated process; whatever works the best.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Numinous
Numinous profile pic Alumni

Emaciated, frail, and yet determined, Gandhi packs an AK-47 to fight British rule of India. Usually a meek and pious pacifist, a pioneer of non-violent resistance, suddenly a mystical vision of a huge "AK" in his hands became irresistible. The size and weight (about 10 pounds) at first intimidated him, but nothing could assuage his thirst for blood. Though merely 5'-4" in height, his heart was as large as his AK.

Created via free-hand illustration and finished in CS3 with a dash of 8-bit video game feel. Less than six colors involved, but could probably benefit from simulated process; whatever works the best.

IzzieCat

D: this is awful. I mean way to take down a world piece symbol...the illustration of Gandhi's is very nice but I can't believe anyone would do such a thing....

Malcolm Man

I can't imagine why anyone would want to promote this.

4 fives

^^ if there's one thing I've learned about critiquing shirts on threadless, it's not to take it too seriously. actually, this is very funny and a very nice illustration. i would wear this. $5

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Why is Dr Phil so Skinny?

oak.

I laughed! $5

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

ha, this is awesome, I wish there was some collateral damage laying about him

5+$

kittkatt

my boyfriend would love this shirt $5

islandstrand

Oh No he didnt,...I smiled for a sec... Did ya ever Think there was a reason no one ever did that...

bobobob1230

i'm debating whether to give this a five or a zero... lol

Laser Bread
Laser Bread profile pic Alumni

lol... I love his calm expression
FIVE $

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I'm bumping this design up a point for the UHF Weird Al movie reference.

MooCowMoo

Er, not my kind of humor.

shewalksintomine

Gandhi II. Sir FRICKIN is right. +1 from me, which makes it a 13$.

ashmith

Gandhi has no legs, I thought he walked fast, see his ultra long movie. Concept is good, just vice-versa the theme so it would be Non-Violence.

phealoner

A strange but interesting paradox ;)

EliseCassandra

Really?! How is this even a question? +5!

...and lighten up, y'all!

noobtube

i would promote the jesus christ out of this.
this made me lol fer real. lol props man.

BrobAZ

It doesnt make sense at all. It goes against all that Ghandi belived in.

Apothyxis

too realistic looking for the joke to be understood. good try

BrobAZ

*believed

ebbedebbes

Doesn't make sense at all? Isn't that the joke? Give me a break, this is hilarious. Great art too.

Iheartgus

it would have to be bigger for me to like it... i don't know if i would wear it, but oh well i'm not offended or anything.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

I'm not quite sure how to score this. . . !
but I do think it's pretty funny :)

critchin

DUDE
STRAIGHT OUT OF "UHF"
CLASSIC MISUNDERSTOOD MOVIE!!!

miko e

its not nice to make fun of people. you have a very nice style of illustration, but i fear this is a bit distasteful. ..... .

BrobAZ

Mikoe- I agree with your comment

Numinous
Numinous profile pic Alumni

Nice one Saba-daba-dueiro, it is American Gandhi.

Besides the positive, I must say that the negative comments are hilarious. Some people lack the ability to understand humor that rests on ironic hypothetical realities in stereotypes and characterizations that we generally have of people and things. In short, no one is being "made fun of," only viewed in an imaginary way that is contrary to our typical understanding.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

too bad this idea has been done to death

man - I thought the whole photoshop a rifle on ghandi trend had ended -

aw well

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

that was harsh - I take it back -

it is well rendered

zendog

terrible...shameful

cheeto1434

this IS disturbing

Mark Hartman

5$ you should add legs some bodies around him and have him saying something like "finally... peace"

1caru5

omg funny! I wish others would understand. stop getting your panties in a twist ladies, the t-shirt didn't hurt anyone

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

exegesis

stupid

Real World

Love it. Don't listen to the cynics. No humor.

KatyKaty

The fact that it is drawn realistically makes it even funnier to me. Nicely done.
I give it a $5. No question.

Loco Ulysses

I guess Ghandi was more than just dandy!

Arrow08
Arrow08 profile pic Alumni

hahaha great idea

Harfangoria

Man, all this time I've been thinking those were Kalashnikovs. Gotta stop mixing 'em up.

It is funny, for about a split second. But I couldn't wear it if hell froze over. I love the style though and I hope you will submit more.

RobotsRule15

yeah the weird al Uhf one was funny but it was the way it was played out. People may take this the wrong way

nooneschange

ah thats just terrible. i've worn some pretty bad shirts in my school but this one? although nice job of stiring things up.

scottofthedead

LOVE IT, love it more because it freaked out the kind of people who post "seems racist" and freak out when there's shirt that DOESN'T have a bird or cute monster on it.

5$

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us