Close
One second...

Robot Panda's Great Lullaby

This is by far my best work so far....definitely weird! =]

Who can resist a robot panda leading a row of ducks through a dreamy sequence?

Enjoy, but really give me some feedback on this one...

do you like the green idea? (it compliments the red)

Watch this
Karebear010

This is by far my best work so far....definitely weird! =]
Who can resist a robot panda leading a row of ducks through a dreamy sequence?

Enjoy, but really give me some feedback on this one...
do you like the green idea? (it compliments the red)

p0lar.boy

eh dun get it~~ sry but it's cute though

Karebear010

it's not supposed to make sense, its just weird

Karebear010

come on...please! if you hate it, tell me why. If you think its stupid, tell me why. If you like some parts of it, tell me what and why. I'm posting this for criticism...I'm asking for it, so bring it on!

SpiderWebb

I like it. It's different and the red umbrella makes it pop out at you. Maybe make the string holding the ducks a little thicker or smoother. I think its cool though. Good job

Skiot

I think that the robot doesn't really fit in with the sketchiness of the rest of the drawing. Maybe use less of a fill effect on the robot, and make hime more of outlines.
I think the perspectives are a little off between the panda-bot and the ducks. They have a total profile view and the robot's legs kinda look like they are from profile view also, but then the whole front of the bot faces out of the shirt. So maybe turn his body a little around? Or just make him profile view too like the ducks, but maybe have his head face outwards so we can still tell that it's a panda.

Thanks for the crit.

Karebear010

thanks i have a great idea how to change the panda so it is more sketch like...i totally agree. thanks!

Liza Phoenix

I love the roller skates and the umbrella. Would like to see the musical notes fixed up a little bit and I wonder what it would look like on blue. Good idea, it's hard to think of original things...but you have done that here!

Karebear010

any more suggestions before i do an edit?

amadeus_love

Maybe draw a ground level for the bear and something like a background behind him.. maybe trees?

Karebear010

any other requests?

little miss shortie.

don't know if anyone said this, but i don't think puff ink would work for moon/stars; they're so small and it seems that their edge would get lost

jmeaspls

Yeah, little miss shortie is right. Puff ink wouldn't work on something so small.

Here's my critique:
There's way too much negative space. You'll need to fill it up to give the whole image some strength so that it sticks out to anyone who sees it. Filling it up would also pull the image together, because it seems a little disconnected, with the three major eye-grabbing areas (moon, bear, raincloud) separated by a distance as large as the images themselves.
Filling in the space doesn't even exactly mean adding more things to the piece. You could do a number of things to the sky, like neat things with clouds, to give it a more interesting environment.
While you're working on the environment, mr. bear and his friends will need some place to walk. Add some ground, and make it look like nice. Not just a horizontal line.
Being consistent in your style would increase the quality, too. The moon has a thick black outline with sharp contrasting colors; the bear has no outline and no contrast because of it, and, the ducklings have a thick outline but very little contrast because of their dark grey color. Either outline everything, or outline nothing, to give the piece some unity.
Why are the ducks grey, anyway?
The robot has no depth and isn't an interesting thing to look at. Give it some details! Make it look like a real robot! Some screws, some wires, some circuit boards. Make it say "I'm a robot" through the image.
Also, the three things you've got drawn would be really small on a tee. Make them larger and bring the design a little closer together so that it'd be a bigger image?

Even after all of that, though, it's going to take a miracle for this to get printed because it's got no direction. Like you said, it's random, and nobody's going to understand it. It'd get low votes, unless the art on it was fantastic.

Karebear010

thanks Jellyes, i LOVE these kind of critiques! I totally understand everything you said and AGREE. I will be working on my new edition in the next week or two. It will be a major makeover...

No account?