Close
One second...

Gears Turn (to Bring it All to Life)

hi,

this shirt is called "Gears Turn (to Bring it All to Life)"

when lights are on, you see the inside of the earth (machinery and all) and when the lights are off, "Super-Glow" ink will put the earth's skin back on. an x-ray in reverse.

i had a tough time picking between the "silver" shirt color, or "olive" for this design, but in the end i leaned silver - but if you'd like, feel free to check out the olive version on my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28753271@N07/

thanks for looking!

Watch this
ryan oneal

hi,

this shirt is called "Gears Turn (to Bring it All to Life)"

when lights are on, you see the inside of the earth (machinery and all) and when the lights are off, "Super-Glow" ink will put the earth's skin back on. an x-ray in reverse.

i had a tough time picking between the "silver" shirt color, or "olive" for this design, but in the end i leaned silver - but if you'd like, feel free to check out the olive version on my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28753271@N07/

thanks for looking!

moonglows

Very nice!

mchera

Very nice. Great use of glow in the dark. I think the gears image works alone, but the glow in the dark takes it to another level. Good job.

ryan oneal

thanks so much!

jaimelait93

That's so coool :O

Macquarian

Cool concept, nice clean execution - what's not to like? 5.

Jemppa

Simply cool!

Frozenlulu

kind of reminds me of Wall-E

Jojolo

Which were you before you were an old carrier of the tattoo of 28 years?

ryan oneal

jojolo, hey - i don't understand what you mean, would you mind explaining? sorry!

Harfangoria

Don't mind jojolo. Jojolo is just making noise. seriously.

Harfangoria

oh, and this is to die for, and the reasons are... well, all of them. I $5 thee, good sir.

Andrea S

Soooo cool $5

Cichan

5$!

ryan oneal

thanks for the kind words, guys! means a lot.

cosmical

Pretty awesome, nice job!

SoftCoral

I love it! $5 Great work

streetlights1

at first i just saw the gears and thought this is sort of lame but then the lights went off and i was blown away!! great work!!!!

nyxiia

Very cool.

Doppelt

Very, Very cool.

CuteTeezRule

Beautiful and quite moving with the glow effect. $5

WiltingSoul

I want this shirt! Great idea Ryan, keep them coming!

Marcilia

i want to but it!!! even my sleeping mother agreed in her sleep that it was sweet and i should buy it!!!

JonyMatt

Wow! Great concept.

Harfangoria

Marcilia on Jul 29 '08
i want to but it!!! even my sleeping mother agreed in her sleep that it was sweet and i should buy it!!!

wow. that's one supernaturally bytchen shirt design, then.

koalakiwi49

Really, really nice work with glow-in-the-dark ink. I don't know if I would buy it though. The designs great when the lights are off, but the design that most people would see isn't enough for me. Maybe if you injected some color with the elements?

DivineAna

You know, despite the fact that the glow ink will probably be more visible than you think during the day, I like this design-- there's something rather steampunk about it that appeals to me.

ryan oneal

koalakiwi49: thanks for the comment, i tried originally to color in the elements, but felt that it cluttered the design a bit.. i tried muted colors and bright, both just made it seem unbalanced or something! i was surprised. thanks for the comment!

DivineAna: thank you as well for the comment and the kind words! yeah, i figure the super-glow ink will be a bit more visible than it appears, but hopefully not by much! it says that it's not entirely transparent, but very transparent ink. but even still, i figured it would give it a rusty-gear-kind-of-look if it showed up more. :) thanks again!! i really appreciate all of the comments.

sarah3

cool, i really only like the "lights off" version though

boiledpotato

yes! YES YES YES!

love UV tshirts. And this is brilliant!

$$$$$$$5555555555

No account?
Join Us