Close
One second...

Let's Make Music Videos!

I been thinking about this for a while.

Many many pre-MTV songs, tunes not released as singles and b-sides and rarities don't have music videos.

When you look up the tune on YouTube, it usually has a still picture or a video of the vinyl being played, which makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

I've always wanted to animate for a song or create a motion piece to go with a song...

I wondered if this kinda thing gives you guys a boner? Maybe it could even be a collabroation? Idunno.

It's not a money earner, but it's a great creative outlet. and who knows... if we're good enough, perhaps some trendy indy band will hire us. Think about it... internatinoal video collaboration, bros...

Let's take this idea for a walk.

Watch this
Gar0
Gar0 profile pic Alumni

I'll do one for Aretha Franklin's 'One Step Ahead'.

Monkey X
Monkey X profile pic Alumni

I was chewing on this idea for a while too.

Monkey X

I'm working on -3!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Awesome. Well, we'll use this thread as base-camp for any ideas and or future developments. Plus - you can alert people to what vids you're making and post your WIPs here.

squatterjohn

I like the still pictures because they don't take forever to load. Most of the time, fan created videos just show random footage from dvds or concerts or a montage of stills. But if someone really, really went to some effort it would be cool.

Monkey X

I never watch the still pictures (vids) and I also dislike all the fanvids with naruto/bleach in it.

so_simple

if only I could animate... I'd be all over this.

Monkey X

whuahahahah
wtf

squatterjohn

I don't like to watch the still of course, and if I wanted to listen to the song, I'd get an mp3 or something but if I was wanting to share something, like embed it in a blog here, I think it's more considerate to give a faster, smaller file. Provided it's the audio I want to share and not some fantastic video.

spacesick 2

for the record, I am definitely a fan of the song with single still/album cover/video of turntable. especially since I've discovered so much rare music on youtube from collectors who like to share/make it known that they have more stuff than others. the end.

Monkey X

good point
There's some awesome low budget musicvids out there
pro and amateur

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

we should just make a video featuring our collective boners

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

they make man dicks now?

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I agree space - I appreciate that these guys do it, I just think there's an opportunity to be had and a platform for our creativity.

I'm surprised no band hasn't released a music video of a 12" playing yet. For irony.

spacesick 2

FUCK you cunt that was one idea I wanted to persue and now you ruined it and I hate you

spacesick 2

are we gonna go get brunch or what? I'm famished!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Hahahahha. You bloody twit!

spacesick 2

you'll have male in 2 seconds

stubby43

Sounds cool, too be honnest I dont have the skills to animate a music video but heres something I made a while ago. I guess it counts as a music video.

<object width="400" height="321"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=611276&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1"/> <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=611276&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="321"></embed></object>
My life be like from Phillip Johnson on Vimeo.

Monkey X

I still like this idea lot.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

me too. i will visit this and make it a project.

No account?
Join Us