Close
One second...

Heart of Gold

Not done. Just wanted to see what everyone thought of the concept and layout. I know, another heart design, but I liked the concept so hopefully you will too. I also wanted to give the critiques a shot.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
fat pigeon
fat pigeon profile pic Alumni

Not done. Just wanted to see what everyone thought of the concept and layout. I know, another heart design, but I liked the concept so hopefully you will too. I also wanted to give the critiques a shot.

fat pigeon

is that a good heh or a bad heh?

the czar

I like it, it's good idea, especially playing of a song just about everyone knows

fat pigeon

good, what about layout, do you think it fits the shirt well?

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

it's clever. I'd probably use placement to your advantage (the human heart is nearer the sternum) and I'm excited for coloring/details.

snaggle tooth

needs to look like its encrusted in the rock, like a rock wall and this is coming out of it, add some sparkles in the walls, so we know this is the MOTHERLODE! and get a torch or lantern on the wall.

fat pigeon

Ok, I'll see about adjusting the size and placement a bit.
Snaggletooth: I agree that I need to have it actually IN the rock. Also I was planning on adding little detail like that to it.

Thanks for the feedback!

fat pigeon

B to the UMP

DaniellesGarden
DaniellesGarden profile pic Alumni

im thinking there should be rocks instead of gold in the cart thing.. usually thats how it works i think they are loaded up with the rocks and taken out somewhere to be dumped.

also, and it could be just me, but if i found a heart made of gold, I wouldnt be hitting it with a pick axe. just something to think about, or not

fat pigeon

DaniellesGarden: The idea is that people with a heart of gold get used. Everyone that can takes a little nugget of the gold away. I agree about the rocks being in the cart rather than the gold.

DaniellesGarden

I didnt get that. maybe it went over my head I dunno. I think because when I see "heart of gold" I think of the song. plus you used the miner and thats part of the lyrics. or maybe the song has the same concept of your illustration and thats gone over my head too.. lol, certainly possible.

fat pigeon

Well, I just went and looked up the song because I don't think I have ever heard it. The illustration wasn't inspired by it but it certainly matches the lyrics.

Melikochan

I think you should work some flakes of gold into the walls as well. Thinking of using gold foil for the heart, or just regular ink?

fat pigeon

Metallic gold ink.

Sloppy~Seconds

could be pretty cool. Maybe really play with shadows and shit and make look like it in a deep dark tunnel.

Melikochan

Yeah, deep and dark with the gold illuminating the area directly around it.

green_walrus

I love the design, but it made me squirm inside thinking about a guy inside me with a pick ax hacking away at my heart. But seriously, submit it! It looks awesome!

Orcsbane

someone just submitted another heart of gold design

fat pigeon

yeah, I saw that but this is VERY different.

fat pigeon

Started cleaning up the sketch and adding color and detail.

janbaude

much better

1MIKO

Maybe I'd prefere someone else digging...
Are you sure it has to be a man?

Stonedef

Woah! Very original idea, I like it! The only thing is the heart of gold and the gold in the cart aren't the same vibrancy.

kaloman

Coming along nicely!
I like the flecs of yellow around the heart.
Some wood grain texture would look nice on the beams.

I love the concept!

fat pigeon

It doesn't HAVE to be a man, but that's what I did.

Melikochan

Definitely coming along, this'll be ace for sure.

Argle

Definitely getting there. Keep at it, the details are looking good. Just don't leave the background of the heart black, make it look like it's still in the rock.

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

Cool FP, I agree with Argle, keep it gray back there...looking forward to seeing this finished!

fat pigeon

I was hoping the black behind the heart would help add depth and make it pop out more. I'll try just having the gray back there though.

heldenstuff
heldenstuff profile pic Alumni

The heart should be at the very end of the tunnel (timber infront of the heart) and still be encased by stone and some rocks. Looks good so far! I will be back for the updates.

fat pigeon

I want to work on this today but my file is at work. BOO

fat pigeon

I need to finish this.

fat pigeon

Still need to add more detail to the cave walls, cart, tracks, around the heart and such. Lots of work to do :)

bcrider

Wow, with your soon-to-be-added details, this one'll rock!!!

bcrider

Oh, lord. No pun intended. XD

is a dork

DaniellesGarden

yeah looks great.

hopefully you will have some more "raw" rock behind the heart and its arteries?

fat pigeon

Yeah, Definitely.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

man the rock work in the cart is awesome - the lighting effect of the color on the gold is AWESOME

I think I can confidently say this shirt is awesome

hands_on_fire

The concept is much better than alot of heart designs. Once you add in the rest of the details this is gonna be an awesome shirt.

Melikochan

This is really going well!

zenbolic vision

this is a cool idea shift the position alittle and use some foils if u can,,,
over all i mean try some special inks involved crit mine!~ thanks

link text

zipperking
zipperking profile pic Alumni

i love it! can't wait to see the final :)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us