Close
One second...

Progress?

• by groupof1
  • posted Jun 09, 2008
  • 12 Comments

Where I live, the city just seems to expand and expand with no end in sight. What was once just open land, now has fast food and housing additions that people can't afford to live in. At the same time we are wasting natural resources and destroying the natural habitats of thousands of species. So I ask, what is progress and which way are we progressing?

Watch this
groupof1

Where I live, the city just seems to expand and expand with no end in sight. What was once just open land, now has fast food and housing additions that people can't afford to live in. At the same time we are wasting natural resources and destroying the natural habitats of thousands of species. So I ask, what is progress and which way are we progressing?

Bjoseph

So you put a giant bear?/Owl?/Babboon? to symbolize destroying habitats. The giant-animal-looking thing looks like it symbolizes the evils of environmentalism and watching out for animals instead of ourselves.

We shouldn't make our society big, fill our needs, and provide basic necessities for our human population, but we should whine about deforestation and animal needs.

If you're trying to point out the evils of environmentalism, 5$. Unfortunately, you're whining about your own species, traitor. Zer0

asfi235

If you're trying to point out the evils of environmentalism, 5$. Unfortunately, you're whining about your own species, traitor. Zer0

Translated: don't get between me and a McMansion with a 3-car garage full of SUVs.

groupof1

We shouldn't make our society big, fill our needs, and provide basic necessities for our human population

There is nothing wrong with IMPROVING society, but we can do that by reusing, renewing, and recycling. Not by letting neighborhoods deteriorate and just building new ones somewhere else.

If caring about the natural balance of our ecosystem and the beauty of nature vs. a parking garage a high rise makes me a traitor then so be it.

Something tells me I wouldn't want to be lumped into a group with you anyway.

P.S. The bear is sitting on a hill smart guy.

l.love

I definitely thought that was something other than a bear at first glance.

jabberwockee

What does a huge piece of poop have to do with progress?

RabbitEars3

I agree with everyone BUT the designer and asfi235. Bears are dangerous and should be kept where they belong, IN ZOOS. If the designer feels that our society would be bettered by releasing them on our cities, well then maybe he/she should rethink his stance on being EATEN ALIVE! I am 100% AGAINST bear attacks, thank you very much. If given a choice between paving over wilderness/destroying all natural habitat and being mauled to death by a ferocious animal, I'm sorry Mr. or Ms. Designer, I would choose the non-mauling option EVERY TIME!

RabbitEars3

Besides that, I give the design a 5. Nice job.

txcait05

...why can't we all just get along?!

I love it and everything it represents. Animals don't belong in Zoo's they belong in the exact place that we're destroying... THEIR HOME! JUST so we can have what society believes is bigger and better, which I think is a load of crap. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a tree-hugger, but like I said, I love this shirt.

Sorry asfi235, but I think that since there is way too much controversy just in the COMMENTS, I don't know if the shirt will make it, but if it makes any difference,
$5

txcait05

Oh and Bjoseph, lighten up, it's a shirt, not a petition.

groupof1

Wow, I wonder what kind of hornet's nest my next design will stir up.

RabbitEars3

Just making sure readers know to read my 1st comment with sarcasm.

Love the design!

...and I'm actually for bear attacks.

No account?
Join Us