Close
One second...

ART EXCHANGE round 3 Check your inboxes!

ROUND THREE!!

Please check your email, as I have sent out the info of the person you will be sending to!!

It is now time to upload to the Flickr group and to email me your info (name, tless username, address, country, prefer to send out of country?) to hannabear at gmail dot com.

those who do not will not be considered to be participants for this round, even if you made something for it!!

Deadline for uploading your piece to our Flickr group is May 7th 2009!

After the deadline, your info will be collected and names will be randomly drawn for the person you are sending to and a sending deadline will be set.

participants?
Goldendust
ISABOA
lonkiponk
mlnewco
sleepyfeet

NOTE FOR THOSE INTERESTED: THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR SIGNING UP - OR DROPPING OUT - ALL ARE WELCOME EXCEPT THAT ONE GUY, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

FLICKR GROUP CLICKER ME!!

HOW IT WORKS - A.K.A. WHA?

threadless folks make original pieces, stuff for the wall or whatever and exchange them randomly - so everyone who participates gives an original and receives one -

NUTS AND BOLTS
GREEN LIGHT GO
- everyone interested signs up, in this here blog - just state "SIGN ME UP"
- we set the date ahead of time - plenty of time to put into the project -
- we all work and finish our pieces prior to the date -
- on the date everybody who is ready to mail is green light go - glg uploads to common thorax flickr
- random 3rd party drawing for exchange
- separate pools for international, stateside and melting pot
- the only addresses sent out are the recipients to the specific senders -
- no-one know which piece they get until it comes in the mail
- those who were not ready on the date will just participate in the next round and have time to work on their project (no big )

• probably a quarterly schedule -

WHATS AN ORIGINAL
a single piece of completed finished work - that exists in the real world - could be pencil, ink, paint, textile, stone, sculpy - whatever - the key here is to challenge ourselves to make a real complete work to our own standards

WHY?
to better yourself - and share with the greater threadless community

BUT BUT BUT BUT.....
for those who are concerned that they are not "up to par" or intimidated by the exchange, consider why you are feeling this way:

a.) you are not confident that you are good enough or as talented as others participating
b.) you know that ultimately you cannot put the time or effort into the principle of making a complete finished piece. And you would probably just crap out and not do it.
c.) you plan on mailing a wad of gum on a empty tp spool in exchange for a priceless torakamikaze original (note: the tp thing may work...)
d.) you just wanna join to maybe get the chance to shaft someone out of a trade (happens in every secret santa don't tell me it doesn't)

if you are any combination of 1 or 2 of these, then you should certainly participate, if you are all four then maybe you should take a break and work on your arts - and please just work within the confines of your where you are personally at with your arts, and do again do it to a point you are satisfied with - that is the whole principle and hopefully I have explained this well enough, with clarity.... not my storngsuit

What is the official THORAX food?
jambalaya

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
Th0rAx

hey hey go check your inboxes! I had my sister randomly do the drawing for this exchange. :D

heykimby

Checkdddd! Yay!

sleepyfeet

aw sorry you missed it Koala!

I'm extending the shipping deadline to Tuesday because I realize Monday is Memorial Day! I completely forgot to send mine this week. I fail as an organizer haha.

mlnewco

Ok-I was late in mailing, but mine is finally on it's way. I had wanted to finish an accompanying piece to send with it first. Anyway I hope it gets there soon.

mlnewco

WOOT! I got my awesome sock monster from hanna aka sleepyfeet!
Thank you so much-it is tremendously cute! Pic to come later.

heykimby

Oooh! Guess what I found in my mailbox today!!! A package from Lonki! It looks even more amazing in real life! It now has a place on my bedroom wall hehe :D

mlnewco

Yay! glad Nigel arrived safely :D

sleepyfeet

yay! glad you guys are getting your stuff! :D :D

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

It has been a rough past week and a half

I am apologizing weakly for not yet getting my package out :(

unfortunately there has been extensive flooding at my fish camp due to flash melting in the mountains and it has kept me in the boondocks far away from anything

I am iphoneing it right now but will be back home tomorrow and the only good thing about it all is the longer it takes me the more awesome my package will get

sleepyfeet

aw don't worry about it Joe, it's cool! :)
stay safe and dry!

ISABOA

ahh! sleepyfeet,

I got your awesome package in

thanks so much - they will adorn my walls for years to come

Also - My package is finally shipped - I am an ass I know....

ISABOA

HUGE TYPO!!!! Thanks GOLDENDUST - not sleepyfeet,

well thanks sleepyfeet too - but not for the AWESOME PAINTINGS - those are from the wonderful, fantastic, talented GOLDENDUST -

Alzheimers is getting the best of me

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

wow, those are great
i'd love to join the next one

heykimby

Hahaha thanks joe :D I'm glad you like them!

sleepyfeet

Hey Joe! I got your amazing package the other day! I'll try to take pictures but i'm going on vacation in a few days so it's been hectic! Thanks so much for everything! I love everything and I promise they'll all go up on my wall when I get back home! :D

chelly

hey, i've gotten some new ppl wanting to join and i don't know who they are

DesignMonitor
Pak_pandir
metro-station
coatseyart

the first guy has at least 1 threadless friend and does art

should i click ACCEPT on any?

heykimby

Hmmmm.

Maybe the first guy? idk.

chelly

anyone know MarcusHadlock?

when's the next one?

chelly

anyone interested in doing another?

ISABOA

I am always down

tardy/unpredictable/and a pain in the ass but down

chelly

ha!

well, i was thinking we might want to do it before school starts up, but that might not be enough time.

chelly

beep

sleepyfeet

I'm down! I actually started making something for whenever the next round might be haha. :P

chelly

oh schnapples life made me forget that i wanted to get this going again

mlnewco

woot count me in for the next round

mlnewco

Any chance of starting this up again?

mlnewco

:(

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 11
  3. 12