ART EXCHANGE round 3 Check your inboxes!
Please check your email, as I have sent out the info of the person you will be sending to!!
It is now time to upload to the Flickr group and to email me your info (name, tless username, address, country, prefer to send out of country?) to hannabear at gmail dot com.
those who do not will not be considered to be participants for this round, even if you made something for it!!
Deadline for uploading your piece to our Flickr group is May 7th 2009!
After the deadline, your info will be collected and names will be randomly drawn for the person you are sending to and a sending deadline will be set.
NOTE FOR THOSE INTERESTED: THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR SIGNING UP - OR DROPPING OUT - ALL ARE WELCOME EXCEPT THAT ONE GUY, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
HOW IT WORKS - A.K.A. WHA?
threadless folks make original pieces, stuff for the wall or whatever and exchange them randomly - so everyone who participates gives an original and receives one -
NUTS AND BOLTS
GREEN LIGHT GO
- everyone interested signs up, in this here blog - just state "SIGN ME UP"
- we set the date ahead of time - plenty of time to put into the project -
- we all work and finish our pieces prior to the date -
- on the date everybody who is ready to mail is green light go - glg uploads to common thorax flickr
- random 3rd party drawing for exchange
- separate pools for international, stateside and melting pot
- the only addresses sent out are the recipients to the specific senders -
- no-one know which piece they get until it comes in the mail
- those who were not ready on the date will just participate in the next round and have time to work on their project (no big )
- probably a quarterly schedule -
WHATS AN ORIGINAL
a single piece of completed finished work - that exists in the real world - could be pencil, ink, paint, textile, stone, sculpy - whatever - the key here is to challenge ourselves to make a real complete work to our own standards
to better yourself - and share with the greater threadless community
BUT BUT BUT BUT.....
for those who are concerned that they are not "up to par" or intimidated by the exchange, consider why you are feeling this way:
a.) you are not confident that you are good enough or as talented as others participating
b.) you know that ultimately you cannot put the time or effort into the principle of making a complete finished piece. And you would probably just crap out and not do it.
c.) you plan on mailing a wad of gum on a empty tp spool in exchange for a priceless torakamikaze original (note: the tp thing may work...)
d.) you just wanna join to maybe get the chance to shaft someone out of a trade (happens in every secret santa don't tell me it doesn't)
if you are any combination of 1 or 2 of these, then you should certainly participate, if you are all four then maybe you should take a break and work on your arts - and please just work within the confines of your where you are personally at with your arts, and do again do it to a point you are satisfied with - that is the whole principle and hopefully I have explained this well enough, with clarity.... not my storngsuit
What is the official THORAX food?