Close
One second...

ART EXCHANGE round 3 Check your inboxes!

ROUND THREE!!

Please check your email, as I have sent out the info of the person you will be sending to!!

It is now time to upload to the Flickr group and to email me your info (name, tless username, address, country, prefer to send out of country?) to hannabear at gmail dot com.

those who do not will not be considered to be participants for this round, even if you made something for it!!

Deadline for uploading your piece to our Flickr group is May 7th 2009!

After the deadline, your info will be collected and names will be randomly drawn for the person you are sending to and a sending deadline will be set.

participants?
Goldendust
ISABOA
lonkiponk
mlnewco
sleepyfeet

NOTE FOR THOSE INTERESTED: THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR SIGNING UP - OR DROPPING OUT - ALL ARE WELCOME EXCEPT THAT ONE GUY, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

FLICKR GROUP CLICKER ME!!

HOW IT WORKS - A.K.A. WHA?

threadless folks make original pieces, stuff for the wall or whatever and exchange them randomly - so everyone who participates gives an original and receives one -

NUTS AND BOLTS
GREEN LIGHT GO
- everyone interested signs up, in this here blog - just state "SIGN ME UP"
- we set the date ahead of time - plenty of time to put into the project -
- we all work and finish our pieces prior to the date -
- on the date everybody who is ready to mail is green light go - glg uploads to common thorax flickr
- random 3rd party drawing for exchange
- separate pools for international, stateside and melting pot
- the only addresses sent out are the recipients to the specific senders -
- no-one know which piece they get until it comes in the mail
- those who were not ready on the date will just participate in the next round and have time to work on their project (no big )

• probably a quarterly schedule -

WHATS AN ORIGINAL
a single piece of completed finished work - that exists in the real world - could be pencil, ink, paint, textile, stone, sculpy - whatever - the key here is to challenge ourselves to make a real complete work to our own standards

WHY?
to better yourself - and share with the greater threadless community

BUT BUT BUT BUT.....
for those who are concerned that they are not "up to par" or intimidated by the exchange, consider why you are feeling this way:

a.) you are not confident that you are good enough or as talented as others participating
b.) you know that ultimately you cannot put the time or effort into the principle of making a complete finished piece. And you would probably just crap out and not do it.
c.) you plan on mailing a wad of gum on a empty tp spool in exchange for a priceless torakamikaze original (note: the tp thing may work...)
d.) you just wanna join to maybe get the chance to shaft someone out of a trade (happens in every secret santa don't tell me it doesn't)

if you are any combination of 1 or 2 of these, then you should certainly participate, if you are all four then maybe you should take a break and work on your arts - and please just work within the confines of your where you are personally at with your arts, and do again do it to a point you are satisfied with - that is the whole principle and hopefully I have explained this well enough, with clarity.... not my storngsuit

What is the official THORAX food?
jambalaya

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 15
HW.

awesome idea!

Th0rAx

YES!

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

Can't wait.... so how do we find out when/who we got and whatnot?

Th0rAx

you do not know until the 4th (15th)

cause when we are all done is when we do the drawing

DesignbyProxy

OH! ok. so we can't make a piece specific to our recipient, because we have no clue who our recipient is... sweet deal. Hope I don't offend anyone.

Madshadow

Lol @ malcolm man's name being on the list 3 times.

But yay! I just don't get the July 4th (15th) thing.

Th0rAx

I am pretty unsure that you will not offend anyone - and working within the confines of the recipient is just not doable - cause then we would have to limit and structuralize participation

madshadow - I am thinking that means that the due date is the 4th with an inevitable extension to the 15th

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

haha

thorax

lame-ax

DesignbyProxy

haha naw, I shouldn't offend anyone, but don't be looking for conventional art from me.... when I'm not designing, my other art is somewhat bizarre.

V1ctorya

Jumbalaya!

and 15th!

And stuff!

ISABOA

Jambalaya!

zipperking
zipperking profile pic Alumni

sign me up :)

ISABOA

Oh my goodness

did you hear

July 4th (15th)

Lhiiiz

awesome! brilliant!

ISABOA

YES BRILLIANT!

I imagine, this flickr group is gonna be the cats meow

ISABOA

bump for grandness

chelly

woohoo TOP OF THE LIST

and i'm going to "watch this" blog this time because last time i thought i had and i didn't and then i confused myself and there was mass hysteria

DesignbyProxy

Cats and dogs living together?

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

Im gonna poop in a bag and call it art

Torakamikaze

because it is art

snaggle tooth

i don't think there should be separate pools for stateside, etc. I think you should exchange with whoever.

chelly

that's all fine and dandy until you have to pay a minimum of $17 to ship overseas

why not keep it stateside for now? save some folks some money for art supplies.

snaggle tooth

I'm just saying if you tell people up front, they know. We do it on the kidrobot discussion boards in our art trade and no one cares... just a thought.

Th0rAx

It is a concern for many folks - the shipping thang - so we will limit it for the time being

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

FYI, I recently shipped a print out to the UK and it was $24.

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Right... I mean, in that case the buyer was paying for it, but that's just a heads up for those of you considering shipping overseas.

I've been keeping an eye on this blog because it looks interesting, but I know if I were participating I'd definitely want to only ship to the US for now just because of the $24 thing. Plus, shipping internationally is a way bigger hassle, especially if you're always working during USPS hours.

DesignbyProxy

True that @ Priscilla. It took me ages to try and get a package off to MeLa, because of the schedule, and when I finally did, they didn't deliver it, it got returned like... 4 weeks later... wtf?

ISABOA

if you do not want to ship internationally - you will be exchanged with only those stateside

and then the remaining will be exchanged - so def post whether you wanna do the spendy shipping or not -

also

COMTRAYAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DesignbyProxy

...Don't think I can do international shipping....also Malcolm man x's 3 and Baronvonmonkey x's 2 up at the top.

Th0rAx

FIXED!

Lhiiiz

Yeah, I'd have to be a stateside shipper myself. I've got another "ship to" deal with some other folks and several of them are in Europe/Australia and it's been a bit of a shipping/logistical issue.

0Jim0
0Jim0 profile pic Alumni

well, I better get started... it takes me forever to finish anything

DaniellesGarden
DaniellesGarden profile pic Alumni

There is an expense & hassle shipping outside of US from within, but if no one is willing I think that it will kind of mess things up a bit. maybe we need to see who is in the states and who is outside so we can figure out how the trades will be..

EricDiaz

shaddup! and count me in!

EricDiaz

i'm outside but don't mind sending to the USA

ISABOA

danielle

since the exchange is going to occur after the deadline -
we can get all that info on the deadline -

whether you wanna ship locally or globally - and then the local folks will be randomly exchanged and then the remaining will be exchanged -

but no need to gather a bunch of info for folks who may or may not participate -

ISABOA

.....participate....

ISABOA

bump

bcrider

Sign me up. I need to have an "assignment" with a due date to get me creating more so I can get comfortable enough with submitting.

Torakamikaze

keep me in the states

spacesick 2

what's going on here

bcrider

I need to stay in the states, too.

Th0rAx

SPACE - it is a project of profound proportions and purpose with the purported point of perpetuating the primary productive process and pinpointing the potential painful potholes

Th0rAx

all set bcrider!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9