Close
One second...

Erasing Hands

Erasing hands.

A little twist on M.C. Escher's 'Drawing Hands'.

Hope you enjoy it:D

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
i know very little about art
i know very little about art profile pic Alumni

Erasing hands.
A little twist on M.C. Escher's 'Drawing Hands'.
Hope you enjoy it:D

AbbyNormalDay

IDK- good idea but it seems like a really big rip off of him. :/

txcait05

AWESOME!!! $5

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Clever clogs! But Abby may be right . . .

SoulfumeInc

been waiting for this to go up, looks great!

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

not a rip off, but a tribute

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

to the naysayers:

take the time to compare the two drawings and realise this was sketched from scratch

Robotic Moose

Does Escher really need an additional twist?

skeev

^^^good one.

GumEverywhere

Oooh spiteful fingers. I like it.

And don't let the critics get to you. I had a similar problem where I redrew a classic piece of art from scratch and incorporated it into a design, and I got downright accused of plagiarism. Some people are just ignorant.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

As much as I loathe Escher, I can't ignore this awesome tribute. Great work! 5

NthNinth

I love it, but I feel like if I wore it it would look like they were erasing my boobs :( It would be a great print though!

Gigguli

It's up! nice! 5

Nymeria

To now publicly announce my complete lack of general education: I have no idea who the Escher dude is. (Wikipedia here I come), but if you really did this, and i believe you did, you are beyond amazing. You're hypertronic-amazing. 5 upside down and inside out.

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

I like it and don't consider it a rip off. I think it would be funny if there was a reason that one of the hands was erasing though....like he really messed up his drawing (extra finger?). 4 from me.

roadkill3d
roadkill3d profile pic Alumni

Very nice twist indeed. Top marks.

jstumpenhorst
jstumpenhorst profile pic Alumni

great tribute for sure and as mentioned earlier take a couple of minutes and compare to the escher drawing! this is a very well drawn, original spin on his work. no different than many of dozens of shirts that get printed referencing star wars or numerous other pop-culture themed subs. the only difference is that i think this one is done much more successfully. great work!!

heykimby

I like it. It's a well informed and executed design. 5 from me!

igo2cairo
igo2cairo profile pic Alumni

Very clever and cool, plus I love how it looks on the shirt. 5$

qqpin

5$

mushnik

I like to think that the hands are in a struggle of life and death! they are trying to rub the other guy out! (badoomsha)

illsurge

sick...

asphyxia

Print on black!

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

GREAT $5

afrit

NthNinth on May 29 '08
I love it, but I feel like if I wore it it would look like they were erasing my boobs :( It would be a great print though!

those erasers do end up in unfortunate spots for girls... cute idea, but not on my chest...

CharlieArt

I agree with Abby, I think you might have some copywrite issues here. Sorry

jenniferenny

I like it. I don't see a problem with the aforementioned legal issues. I'd rather see it as a print than on a tee, though. 5

DrNolove

I agree that this is not a rip off but a well executed tribute to one of my favorite artists of all time, next to Salvador Dali and Dr. Suess!

DrNolove

Oh yeah....$5!

Alex Tree

This is amazing...very well done!

NessaChan

Good work.

i know very little about art
i know very little about art profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the support guys!!
And... is it a tribute or rip off? Well, the major point here is the concept twist, I made my own drawing as well( thanks for those who compared with the original one). There are no copyrighted logo or symbol being used. If there's any copyright infringement that's because I know very little about art(copyright)...

ckyrckr

I'd have to agree with abbyday, it does seem more like a rip off to me. I know that the drawing is not copyrighted, but I feel as if you're only using his idea, maybe you could expand you know? Take the idea farther.

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

terrific!

yoshi andrian
yoshi andrian profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

very clever!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

The best Escher tribute I've ever seen. 5$ with a poster and tee print please!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Oh, and ckyrckr, i think this is taking the concept way further. Instead of just the hands drawing one another, the hands have made mistakes and are erasing one another now, in effect erasing their existence.

KamranatUCLA

imposter is a bich...all real artists copy ideas and modify them. anyone who tells you that their idea is 100% original is lying to you.
so again that imposter chick is a bitter arty woman who is bitter because she has smelly vagina. in her pic she looks like she doesn't shower much.
stupid woman...go cook!

SissyE

very nice! i'd be trying to get the eraser shavings off all the time! 5

andrewharrington

There is no copyright issue. Parody is protected under the law, and this, to me, qualifies as parody. If this was a modification of Escher's drawing, you may run into a thicker jungle of legalities, but since this is an original sketch under the guise of understood artistic imitation for comic purpose, there is no fault.

snaggle tooth

Print, Tee, whatever, this is sold before it's printed.
$5

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

This is great.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?