Close
One second...

Exercise Your Liberty

• by clashmore
  • posted May 04, 2008
  • 40 Comments

Read into it what you will...

I like it best on either dark gray or navy, in a big oversized print.

Watch this
clashmore

Read into it what you will...

I like it best on either dark gray or navy, in a big oversized print.

Art Engine

Lmao... kind of offensive. But I like it.

gacho the gato

I LOVE IT!!!!!
THIS MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME

retrospecticus

Awesome drawing, i think it would gain though from having the title text somewhere on the shirt.

5thcoloroftherainbow

I want the title on the shirt. It's a statement. Plus you already have it designed right on the preview.

mycreativeusername

love the design, but i agree that it needs the title on the shirt

jimmiiko

i have several friends to give this to, so print!

Stiffy42j

i guess i agree with the statement you are trying to make and like the artwork but some vets might take offense

dollar5.net

haha fantastic... i like as is

All Beef Paddy

she really has let herself go. really perverse stuff, man.

motherseer

it needs the title on the shirt. that will make it even more hilarious

neonlove

vets take offense...i'm sick of that shit. they fought in vietnam for our right to print this shirt, (righttt...cause vietnam attacked us..uh huh.....) so we damn well better print it right ? otherwise they fought for nothing !

theanneus

Awesome fun.

Stiffy42j

wow neonlove, you didnt have to attack what I said . I said I liked it and I agree but some vets MIGHT take it the wrong way. Ease up, were talkin tshirts not missles govna

Stiffy42j

I meant missiles, Govna. I say good day.

kwwojo

AHHAHAHAH 4

fouchnickens

Great idea, but I think you need to visualize the title more -- put Lady Liberty on a treadmill. If you really wanted to push the envelope, make some historic "good guys" her trainers and make her couch potato friends members of the Bush II regime. ; )

Noac

Treadmill might be too on the nose. Like if you replaced the torch with ice cream or something - if you want to be very obvious.

But I really like it as it is.

whirzle1
whirzle1 profile pic Alumni

I really don't see how this can be offensive? Have we lost the right to make mild political commentary?

sidenote - "vets" aren't just people that fought in vietnam.

whirzle1

vets take care of sick animals.

whirzle1

oh...and they're people who have fought in wars.

TattooedBear

You sir are hilarious.

natukia

I like it, and I think that it doesn't need a title, because the image is self-sufficient and leaves the interpretation opened for other related connotations

cam_3690

I LOVE this. But I agree that it needs the title. Not because it doesn't make sense without it, but because the title would just make it better, and also less offensive to certain people. (not me, i love it).

clashmore

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I'm working on a version with the title included.

JD Witnack

add title and its a 5$

just because

great but would never wear...sell it to a magazine - 5 for wit

dunna415

offending people is necessary. sometimes people need to be uncomfortable , its good for ya.

MojoIced

the title should be along the bottom in the back..thatd be sick..id buy it.

just because

she should be holding ice cream!

ArPhoto

I think your idea is great, one thing really bothers me is the right arm going straight into the torch like it is the hand. id like to see more seperation. but this could just be me.

Butterlicker

thats fantastic...she should have a league of ethnic minorities carrying her fat ass

kaleigh07

This cracked my up for about 10 minutes.

HexagonsSuck

Awesome...the torch/hand does look kinda akward
otherwise this is amazing

xenasunshine

amazing. i like the gray better.

necrolatrism

very good. wouldnt wear it but I still love it. a little hackneyed though.

Luftmenshca

Smack that title on the back of the T-shirt.

Madshadow

I don't see what people would get offended at...Its not like its spreading lies about Americans. I thought the high levels of obesity in the US was like, a fact. But, I do like the concept of this, I just wish more was done with the idea of an overweight statue of liberty. Putting the title on the shirt would also emphasize the idea.

No account?