Close
One second...

EXFOLIATE

• by Growly
  • posted Apr 29, 2008
  • 43 Comments

Alien robots don't want to destoy you- they just want to make sure you're clean!

Watch this
Growly

Alien robots don't want to destoy you- they just want to make sure you're clean!

anchoviebitch

i. don't. know. why. but i el oh eled.

DaughterofKngs

You win at life. Love, love, love this. $5

Growly

I just came up with it on my own. I figured someone would have done it before me, but I didn't directly gank the idea from someone else.

broadwaystar12

Growly's drawing is better, because it's in color :)

Fauxpawroo

Hope ya get it printed!

yoruzutto

Voted ~^=^~

TahoeMustelidae

Voted 5 ^___^

Definitely made me giggle!

Desert_Rose

This shirt amoozez me, I vote 5! :3

Anailaigh

I so voted a 5 cause its soo cute! an made me laugh!

reaux

good luck growly! 5 from me!

Atomic_Redhead

Yeah, Dalek!!! Awesome parody! $5!!

Skell.darwin

Nice Gave it a Five. Found it cute...

Keter

ROTFLOL! 5! Bigger and a better font would be $5.

policyoftruth

I must have this shirt in my life.

AethWolf

Voted a 5 and checked "I'd buy it"

IllusionConfusion

Love it, Growly. :D

A bunch of my friends back home voted for it too!

Cesko2000

hahaha - it should be chasing a muddy faced Tom Baker

lydl78

I like the idea (can't go wrong with a Dalek), but am not too fond of your style of illustration. Needs work.

chelly

blow it up real big
my roommate would love this

2wo4our2wo

ha! i LoL'd.. auto5!

Sonartoo

that is so cute.. and odd

schoog

i voted! very cool, good luck!

fluffoid

i,d wear it $4

Sarieli

Haha, Dalek is winrar!

melbelgirl

ahaha that's great.

ghiti

I think the word bubble should be more bubbley, rather than the classic rectangle, it might fit better with the theme :).

Growly

I was going for an electronic sound though, so you can more readily imagine the tinny "EXTERMINATE" cry.
Straight edges things = mechanical.

turbolucy

i went to the link Rubb3rDucky posted and unfortunately this design looks like a straight up copy. the ORIGINAL design is better. shame shame.

Growly

I am not a thief, I came up with this idea on my own. I do not appreciate false allegations. It was a joke anyone could have come up with.

Harfangoria

I'm gonna agree with Growly on this one...

Kuwoobie

Very cute, I know a few people who would love this shirt.

Meralynndis

I'm going to have to say it confused me, personally. I don't know why I've never come across the word "exfoliate" before, and upon looking it up, it meant everything not having to do with cleaning.

So um, apparently I've missed some segment of culture.

To the design: a slightly better placement, and line width changes would be better. Also, you can get a robotic tone by having very straight letters. having the letters almost bubbly is akin to making the word box look differently. From far away, this would be hard to read. Maybe make it larger.

hyunthesosarian

The similarity to that posted link is really something. However, I didn't rate this a 2 for that. If I saw a robot like your coming at me offering a free facial treatment, I wouldn't run away screaming. I'd probably say, "Okay!" and get my acne taken care of.

Needs moar buzzsaws, chain flails, and pincer arms, in other words. You have a nice concept, but I feel it didn't go far enough to make me want the shirt.

Growly

It's a Doctor Who reference. The Daleks don't HAVE chainsaws or pincer arms. Unfortunately it IS a joke you have to know the show to appreciate.

hyunthesosarian

That could've been the problem. :/ I don't watch much TV, you see, so you'll have to forgive me.

Growly

Thank you chrisrizzo for your insightful and helpful comment. :) No doubt your stunning critique will aid me in future works and in shaping my professional career.
I now question why I'm paying all this money for art school, when I can get such thorough and valid critiques like this for free on the internet. So thank you, your comment has literally changed the way I see the art world at large. You are a stunning wordsmith, let no one ignore your gifts.

Geekgrl64

Well I voted and gave it a 5 way back when voting started. I love the design and think it is a must have Dr. Who fans. I would buy ot were it available!

No account?
Join Us