Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
lha15991

LETS RIDE OUR BIKES INTO THE SEA.

rainbow_nonstop

lol thats cute
maybe you can draw a few fish around the background to emphasize the fact that he's underwater?

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

make the bike smaller, or the diver a bit bigger, then it'll be better.. try some scenery as well..
i like divers too :-)

Wozzy

its just a little to big..
but the design is really well done

lha15991

thanks for the feedback.
ill tweak around with it and see what happens :]

lha15991

alright lets try this.
ive yet to shade in the background, but id like to see what people think of the new background.

lha15991

bump
no one?

lha15991

again.

luzge

it's fun :) yes make it a bit smaller. and maybe try navy blue for tee? So you get more contrast.

luzge

my stuff? if you get a chance

rainbow_nonstop

ahhhh MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!

SUBMIT!

lha15991

anyone else?

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

looks good, i would advice making the background a bit smaller, so it doesnt go from side to side, shade it like the diver/biker, and add highlights to him with a lighter shade of blue to keep him popping up

lha15991

thank you. really.

4qu4

i like this!

lha15991

thanks.

lha15991

its a baby shark :]

lha15991

shaded in the background and shrunk it too.
feedback is appreciated.

lha15991

oh yeah and the whales are on the sleeves.

lha15991

actually, ignore v3. this is the one i want. moved the fish front and cut the trailing line at the back, and made the overall picture a little bigger on the tshirt.

lha15991

bump for the last time.

againstbound

Looking better, maybe you need those highlights to show a little more, and i think you need to break the monochromatic approach, lil bits of a brighter color (maybe yellow or orange) could make this much more intresting to the eye, maybe like in the goggles, in the fish's fins, shoes (whatever the hell tehy're called in english)

And loose the whales on the sleeve,we the unprinted herd are far from being as important here as say flying mouse, so i suggest you stick with frontal design and do not rely on specialty inks, you can suggest them if they really add something to your design but try to avoid them being the main part of it

lha15991

i see. thanks ill run with the ideas you gave me.
anyone else with any input?

fiftyone

Hey, I love the way youve done up the outlines and all.
However, maybe for the two fishes you could add some bubbles or sth.
Or like a trail? Cos right now they look a little out of place where they are..

Any chance for you to shorten the height of the bicycle?
Or will that be too tedious?
(:

Critique mine?
Thanks.
http://www.threadless.com/critique/19622/Writer_s_Block

lha15991

thanks for the comments.
anyone else? greatly appreciated.

nomixedcoinsplease

maybe not exactly the same fish on the sleaf?!
the design is a bit too big for me - but that might just be me. maybe add one or two more fish floating around the cycler.

lha15991

changed the background. reduced the size of the wheels to make the bike a tad smaller. replaced a fish with a silhouette.

would love to know what you think.

eladear

I like the fish silhouettes at the back, but it looks too perfect. It may look nice to have a school of fish in the back and the whales to the other side.

It is a really nice design.

eladear

I like V2, placement of the whales. Looks more natural and flowy.

lha15991

thanks!
anyone else?

lha15991

ugh bump.

lha15991

i dont even know why i still bother posting crits when i get so little responses...

deepinatrance

i really like it... but i think switching the whales and the fish would help the flow of the shirt... the whales look awkward where they are right now. but this is a really cool design!

mine?

deepinatrance

oh! and maybe you could add a shark silhouette in there?! that would be awesomeeeee hahaha. :)

againstbound

everyone gets little responses dude, and even fewer that really help

I agree on the whale thing, i think everyone facing the same way would help the "movement" better, and have you tried breaking the monochromatism as i suggested, i really think that would help for the finishing touches

Oh and if when you sub you don't get a good response and score don't be too discouraged, we all get shitty scores(i've been getting even more lately that my designs have turned much better than my previous ones), Just take each sub as an opportunity to improve yourself as an illustrator/designer

Good luck to you

lha15991

ive been experimenting with some colors, but it seems to break the consistency of the piece. but ill get to moving the whales.

thanks for the support you two.

againstbound

I meant something like this, it's an old design of mine, not saying it's great, just so you get the idea, but in the end is your call

JNH

6 or half a dozen for me on the fish. Cool surrealism.

lha15991

thanks guys for the comments. but i got a sudden brainwave, and decided to switch in the little sharkie in the back for a... MERMAID.

please point out anything you see thats buggy.

zamboosh

It look like the Mermaid have a big cut in her stomach

Mighty Caveman

haha yeah, looks like a cut in the stomach. Otherwise it's nice :)

Reminds me of summertime :)

fiftyone

Hmm, like the addition of the mermaid ..
But I was thinking, How about shortening the length of the bicycle from wheels-up?
maybe shortening that pipe thing. (Sorry I'm bad with parts of a bicycle)

How about putting sharky back in. But at the front of the bicycle?

lha15991

thanks people.
anyone else?

PaintDragonflies

I don't think you should put the shark back in...this could get really cluttered if you do too much. I say you should fix the mermaid's stomach and that's it. This is really great!

lha15991

ok. i REALLY HOPE this will be the final version, unless someone can point out some major flaws in the image.

comments please!

lha15991

oh and regarding the height of the bike. its too late lol.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?