Close
One second...

Walking Dead (comic)

You may or may not find this as interesting as me....

The other day I was in a comic shop I hadnt visited before & got talking to the staff & I mentioned that I was really enjoying 'The Walking Dead' & they were like 'If you want any of them signed just bring them in, Charlie (the artist) is a friend of ours'.
They showed me a neat zombie portrait he'd done of their little girl.

I had presumed he was american, but apparently he lives in Shrewsbury.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
anushka

All the best cartoonists live in Shrewsbury. Here's the proof.

welshalex

What a shame im off to the Cotswolds this weekend!

anushka

What part? My husband's from that neck of the woods.

welshalex

Burford I think. My fella only comes from Ipswich but has never been to the Cotswolds! My sisters passing out parade is somewhere near London on tuesday, so were going down a few days early & making a break of it. Unfortunately, I'm camping, & the forecast is not good.
Im going to the Cotswolds farm park, I hope it's as good as when I was 8!

Omair

that's SO awesome! dude! I'm only on volume 4 in the trade paperbacks but I love that comic.

welshalex

I only just finnished volume 4 too!
I didnt realise but he used to do the Xfiles comic, which I also used to read. Apparently at Halloween he goes into the shop & does peoples portraits.

chelly

oh neat!

chelly

the one time i snuck into a comic book shop here in town, there was a group of guys playing d&d and giving me evil looks because they wanted me to leave because girls don't read comics

TimScribble
TimScribble profile pic Alumni

That's really cool. The comic is great and the Charlie is a great artist.

welshalex

yeah chelly, Im ashamed to admit I usually buy comics over the internet because all too often comic shops are kinda snobby & intimidating. Girls are only allowed if they are wearing rock boots and a slutty goth basque.

TimScribble, it is cool, isnt it!

chelly

Girls are only allowed if they are wearing rock boots and a slutty goth basque.

hahaha, that should be a sign in the front window

TimScribble

I think our local comic book store actually has that sign. Are you completely caught up with latest issue Alex?

welshalex

Nah Tim, Im only up to volume 5, which I think is like issue 25 of the comics, so I think I'm only about half way through. I try to only buy graphic novels as a treat, so it'll be a while before I catch up, by which time they will probably have brought out a crappy film version which will spoil it for me anyway!

pollypry

trade 8 comes out today!!
whatta coinky.

welshalex

especially seeing as It happened the weekend before last & it only occured to me today that it might make a mildly interesting blog!

Audiovore

I'd love to see it done as a TV series.

Omair

I'm up to volume 10, this thing is sicccccccccccck. Volume 8 :(

Omair

bump! I don't want to make a blog about this :x

thestray

WHAAAAT?! Totally jealous. The Walking Dead is my shit!
Just read issue 65 the other day, one of my favorite issues thus far, Rick is such a badass.

welshalex

Me too iPear. Volume 8 turned up one friday & my fella was reading it that night in bed & I fell asleep & he woke me up at 7 saturday morning to read it myself because he said it was just that shocking!! Sometimes I think it's a bit too brutal! My nerves cant handle it!

thestray, I only get the trade p/backs so Im not sure where you are in the story compared to us? Rick is pretty badass in every issue, so thats not much of a clue!!

Omair

I read all the way through to volume 10, need mooooooore

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

this is next on my list after 100 Bullets

Omair

Goodshit niceshit

Maltzmania

COMING TO AMC

PRODUCED
DIRECTED
WRITTEN
BY
FRANK DARABONT

:O:O:O:O:O

Omair

IT CAN'T HAPPEN

Maltzmania

WHY NOT? IT WILL BE GREAT.

DARABONT DIRECTED SHAWSHANK

Omair

BECAUSE SHIT GETS CRAZY.

Omair

LIKE ROB ZOMBIE CRAZY.

Maltzmania

SHIT IS GONNA BE AWEZAM

Omair

OKAY! I BELIVE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL USING CAPSLOCK.

Maltzmania

2010 NO JOKE ZOMBIE

Omair

I don't know, when yous aid it was going to be on AMC I got a'scared, because there's some super duper crazy stuff that happens in the comic.

Maltzmania

AMC has Mad Men.

They will do good things.

Omair

what volume are you on now?

Omair

it'll be cool to see a series about zombies, I don't think that's ever happened before.

TimScribble

I read this some time ago. This is going to be great. I think they are shooting for fall of next year.

welshalex

I just saw this!! I think Im excited? Do you think they could rope in Grace Jones for Michonne? Who the hell could play Rick?

Im currently awaiting the arrival of v.11.

Omair

I need to pick up vol. 11 it came out on the 27th, I think.

Maltzmania

ahhh i need VOL TEN and ELEFUN

Omair

are these pokeman

Maltzmania

VOLTEN ELEFUN GRAPHUCKNOFAL

welshalex

Read vol 11 last night....

:-O

Plus, I think Guy Pearce for Rick?

Maltzmania

dude i was thinkin' the same thing :O

Omair

Jeeze. Just finished volume 11

Maltzmania

i was kinda disappointed with Vol. 10...but it's a good segue to vol. 11, bridge volumes are needed

SJ27

They have a huge book of it at Borders with ten volumes or so in it. I might pick it up.

Maltzmania

The Compendium!

welshalex

Just watched the first episode of the tv series, bit dissapointed, but that could have been because they put ads in it every 10 mins like you yanks have to put up with. The zombies were pretty awesome. Shame they used whingy faced woman from Prison Break.

SJ27

I bought the compendium! It was 20% off because Borders is going out of business. But I went back the next day and everything was 30% off so I feel ripped off. Haven't read any of it yet but.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us