Close
One second...

Sea of Love

Hey, this is my first design submission to Threadless. I sent it into critique already and it had a somewhat solid response, so I'm submitting it. If there's any confusion to the design, it's very simple—they're jellyfish. and they're in love.

Watch this
SpideyRuiz

Hey, this is my first design submission to Threadless. I sent it into critique already and it had a somewhat solid response, so I'm submitting it. If there's any confusion to the design, it's very simple—they're jellyfish. and they're in love.

NeallieKani

:) It Makes Me Smile.

Ezzybear

Very cute. I like it

thebeltfulone

your design makes me spark with delight.

-lily zee, hang gliders one and all

ashaangel

Very cute, however, the blue fellow looks very 2D and the pink one lokks 3D-ish. Maybe you could work on that?

ashaangel

"looks" not "lokks". ooops.

cyanidee

I agree they look too different and why does only one have a face?

JDizle

i believe it was meant to be that way, only thing i might suggest would be to make the hearts a little less uniform,maybe make them cartton-y like the left jellyfish

zoo kid

Very cute jellyfish, but the zoologist in me doesn't approve of the sparks/lightning bolts. Jellyfish sting using nematocytes :\

alyse587

Well, in my opinion, the so-called "sparks" are just an artist's representation of the love between two jellys (or class scyphozoa of the phylum cnidaria). Because we all know jelly's don't use their specialized cnidocyte cells to project nematocysts while trying to attract a potential mate; that would just be silly. Rather, the nematocysts are used for feeding or defense, or even locomotion. Also we all know that jellys are not actually fish, and therefore to call them "jellyfish" is incorrect.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DAVID!!

SpideyRuiz

Alyse, if I've never expressed this before, I think I might love you.

Chelseaoyesums

This is probably the cutest thing ever :P
PRINT PRINT PRINT

stumblinsaurus

I'd buy this. : ) the colors go very well together and the blue jelly's face is ridiculously cute.

nessquik_bunny

This is just wayyyy too cute.

I want one !

deepinatrance

it would look better if they were both either 2D or both 3D

jett300

i think the pink one needs a face. or both no face

lisacoffey28

who's to say a faceless jellyfish cant love a 2d cartoon-y one? Maybe that's what gets them off.

Hilarybillary09

That is so adorable! The blue one's face is just overwhelmingly cute. I love how one is more realistic looking than the other actually. It makes the design so much more interesting.

Stackbundles

pretty cute, my gf would wear this, hehe

jelene

awww squishy! me likey

Mashinito

Totally cute!! I like it!!

toastah

i think this one's cuter than the other jelly fish tees.
print puhlease

shmupoo

you drew this in my notebook!! : )
--val

OHgiraffe

... because this hasn't be done a billion times. At least be able to draw. this sucks.

RATM_88

Hey, OHgiraffe. Just because you can't understand a design doesn't mean it's bad. It was drawn like that on PURPOSE! Do Piet Mondrian's paintings suck because they are simply intersecting lines? NO. If ya can't understand it, don't dis it. It makes you sound dumb.

Great design David.

sissyspacecase

Hey if you are going to comment be nice about it or at least be constructive. This is actually just as good if not better than the links that jerickson_756 posted.

This is good for a first sub keep up the good work.

SpideyRuiz

thanks Bryant and sissyspacecase!
those comments mean a lot to me.

I'm glad other people feel that even though my concept isn't entirely new, that there still lies some potential! Thanks !

cactuschicka

This is so cute! Jellies in love deserve a five for sure!

jyjchen

it's a cutie
but i personally woulda loved to use the
splitting gruesome splitting blobs we once drew.

kevinmcb7

It has been done before, but I like this one b/c the spark. $5

chou8866

too cute

victorguttmann

man. fuk does bichez dat think dis has been dun before. this is da sheet.

No account?