Close
One second...

Air Force One(s)

This is what happens when one of the most classic shoes and one of the most famous airplanes (which share the same name) have a freaky half-machine half-synthetic freaky love-child.

Watch this
calcium888

This is what happens when one of the most classic shoes and one of the most famous airplanes (which share the same name) have a freaky half-machine half-synthetic freaky love-child.

Phillies2002

sick design, ill with it bong bong

zenproducts

no background, its fine as it is,......its a technical design.

5$

anjrea

yes

calcium888

Originally it was a pair of them with feet going into it, but the feet didn't flow with the whole design.

I tried just a pair, but it looked a little too busy.

demerara

quite like the concept, but it took me a few seconds to get it. maybe you could try making the shoe more prominent? (:

semullin

m yeah daz hot

Tarmaie

I actually giggled out loud. Cool design.

Tarmaie

It does look kind of incomplete. But for some reason I think it's a good thing.

JEdesigns

maybe make the tailfin of the plane like the back of a high top

calcium888

I like that idea. I'll play around with that concept

Framble

OMG, so inappropriate in a post 9-11 world. You inconsidetrate bosstad!

ladykat
ladykat profile pic Alumni

Is the image you traced for this submission public domain?

Pizazz

hypocrite

courtney pie

i prefer my shoes to be more grounded

lordog

F A I L

shobattack

FUCK YOU CALCUFUKKA!

EPIC FAIL!

kacytron

oh you people and your puns.

squatterjohn

Nike already did this

This shirt's title is the exact title of the shoe that they already did.

If it wasn't Nike, then it was Adidas or Converse.

Don't praise the stealing of artwork and ideas!!!

I'm not making this up, I cannot find the image as it was a shoe from a few seasons ago; however, I have contacted the people at Nike asking them for a link as proof.

I'm not here to make false accusations, I just don't enjoy the appropriation of art

squatterjohn

Never fear! I've found it!

http://www.sneakerhunt.com/pics/aug06/af1-zinc.jpg

Here is proof given to me from Bill Bowerman himself from beyond the grave (if you don't know who that is he invented Nike, jogging etc)

Thank God we cleared that up.

I mean, can you believe it? The names are exactly the same!

robotsteve

squatterjohn -

I wholeheartedly hope you are being sarcastic. If not, you've lost the plot. The entire point of this design is that both the famous shoe from Nike and the Presidential plane for the United States are both called 'Air Force One'. He's not misappropriating, stealing, or biting on anyone/anything/anyshoe else. He's making a pun out of two very well known cultural references (which makes me hope you're being sarcastic and not just a right idiot for pointing out that Nike has a shoe called Air Force One considering Nelly had a top 10 hit about the damned shoe five years ago).

I'm not even totally wild about the design, I just find it necessary to stand up for artists when someone accuses them of idea theft before they've thought out whether or not they've actually stolen something.

bumble trolley

haha squatterjohn you have got to be kidding!!
lol this design is very clever.
kewl.

Papaprime
Papaprime profile pic Alumni

squatter, I think your humor is lost on those not in the know...

he is pulling quotes from this designer. calcium888 tried to slight one of Steven's designs with equally ridiculous results and art that was nothing like the supposed stolen piece as well.

Papaprime
Papaprime profile pic Alumni

beat me to it.

robotsteve

Whew. Thank god.

My apologies to squatterjohn for my jumping on this. He always seems to have such great comments and it seemed off that he came onto a design so harshly, but I didn't want to take the chance.

Thanks to ginette and papa for clearing it up for me. Much appreciated.

squatterjohn

lol, no sweat.

I kind of knew people who hadn't seen the other comment wouldn't get it. But calcium888 would've got it, so that's all that really mattered.

But I did look like a bit of a dick.

shobattack

whatever the design came from, it sucks balls, this idiot is lucky to get 1.81

Phillies2002

lol @ shobattack, you have no designs, you get a 0.00

No account?
Join Us