Close
One second...

Foucault!

Cut and paste the text below into http://babelfish.altavista.com/

To see what it says.

Je devine que personne n'a lu la critique de Foucault du travail de Magritte et sont donc peu familiers avec son argument, que dans la modernité, les gens sont faussement placés dans un système établi de voir réalité quels liens ressemblance et similitude avec la représentation visuelle; de ce fait menant le visualisateur à assumer supériorité ontologique.

Watch this
jasper7777

Cut and paste the text below into http://babelfish.altavista.com/
To see what it says.

Je devine que personne n'a lu la critique de Foucault du travail de Magritte et sont donc peu familiers avec son argument, que dans la modernité, les gens sont faussement placés dans un système établi de voir réalité quels liens ressemblance et similitude avec la représentation visuelle; de ce fait menant le visualisateur à assumer supériorité ontologique.

helo

a cat with a penis for a head - no thanks

and I'm not motivated enough to do the
work required to have the text translated.
You should have done that for us instead - just my opinion.

BrandonB11

PENIS CAT WILL CONTINUE TO EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!

also i guess cum on your tits

Shine.xo

I guess that nobody read the criticism of Foucault of the work of Magritte and are thus not very familiar with his argument, that in modernity, people are wrongfully placed in a system established to see reality which bonds resemblance and similarity with the visual representation; this fact carrying out the visual display to assume ontological superiority.........
what exactly does this have to do with the spurting penis?!?!?!

erple

Jasper's quoting one of his own comments on his last sub, which, considering the presentation, is somewhat amusing.

Oh, and that penis looks like a cat. I call 'feline'.

BlameTheSuburbs
BlameTheSuburbs profile pic Alumni

If you ever want your shirt to say, "I have an education. I understand both french and Foucault", then this is the shirt for you. When you wear it, everyone else will feel inferior.

Its a fine design, just comes across as way too pretentious in the context of something intended to be a mass produced t-shirt.

BlameTheSuburbs
BlameTheSuburbs profile pic Alumni

I read what you wrote on that last design. That makes it a little bit more okay. Its pretentious on purpose and not at all intended to be an actually t-shirt design, but just a vessel through which you will mock the threadless community...??? Did I get that right???

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni

Mine looks like a cat too!

mouldey

Interesting that people make the assumption jasper is a boy. Anyhoo, considering the ejaculating head cat it's curious that there are people who still think this is a serious self-flagellation shirt. It's not a serious self-flagellation shirt, it's a silly self-flagellation shirt. And that's why i'd wear it, despite (and because of) the fact that it's way above my head. Five gold stars.

dragonkeeperkid

Did you actually write the french yourself or type in some english on alta vistas babel fish, because if you did that, then it's wrong. Because it isn't very accurate.

The username N is taken

I think I'm more confused by the comments than the shirt... and I'm pretty sure Jasper is a boy's name : D. I work with kids and could never have a spewing penis coming from from pants. $5 (too add more confusion).

magic thread

penis, ergo, therefore dfhasdfo;awef,,asd,,,,, art. 5
5%

magic thread

in my eagerness, i accidentally slipped on my own drool and voted my left foot a 5. will try again, sorry

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

eu ben, moi je l'adore ton petit chat + l'ecriture $5

MizShellL

It would be great if the French was not simply translated into a translator in Babelfish. Languages cannot be simply translated word for word.

nata2

wow

professorE

It's just funny to see Dan with cum all over his chest.

That amuses me.

leighta

YAY!

fouchnickens

You do realize that in order for this to print, Threadless has to secure agreements with the creators of the fonts you used? Hand lettering like Pense Pas Bete would be the way to go here.

nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni

Haha I think I like the penis cat. And I'm French so I wouldn't feel superior wearing this :p But parts of the text are not accurate or don't make sense...

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

i actually like that it's a long weirdly structured french sentence. i've always wanted to wear something engrish.com could put on their site

Sunshine69

nobody wants to read a book on a shirt. The best thing about this design is the penis cat.

Truotsalainen

Umh yeeeeah this pun doesn't really work, sorry... I feel like it'd get really old really fast. And since a lot of people don't speak French or read Foucault, I'm just not feeling this.

katielive

Manages to come off as snobby and crass at the same time, which is two big strikes against it in my book. Plus I speak french and find the mistakes irritating.

Audiovore

bleh. 0'd.

Tiwakawaka

Ok, sooo .... we seem offended or incensed upon the incorrectness? of the French language, yet some fail to be offended by the incorrectness of the English language (slang). And it has taken me some time (I am slow) to realise that it was a penis cat thank you HELO for pointing that out to me. I thought the design, with no understanding of French, or Focault was quite lovely and people wear teeshirts in foreign languages without knowing the translation, everyday. $5

Audiovore

Only a retard would where a shirt in a foreign language with out being able to translate it.

yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni

WOWOW!!!! U RULE!!! 5

white_hat

this is disgusting

Gazza7

go peniscat! go!

Wombatsoup

OH MY GOD MY MOM WOULD LOVE THIS

renfrue
renfrue profile pic Alumni

lose the text!

viva la weiner cat!

kibe

Tiwakawaka - Slang is not the messing with sentence structure, it's an evolved form of speech. They're not offended by slang, but poor internet translation of language shoved on a tshirt is not cool, they should have got a french person to look it over a bit first and check it ok...

And I thought the design was nice until I saw penis cat, and now i'm disturbed.

learthquake

This isn't even correct French, which in my opinion ruins the effect totally. not that i got the idea anyway

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

peniscat is the new spiderpig!

iDanSimpson

professorE on Apr 09 '08
It's just funny to see Dan with cum all over his chest.

That amuses me.

Arrive™

jasper7777

Dan— are you gonna put my sub in your gallery of shirts
you were the model of?

sevenmir

don't like the text. might look better smaller, if it must be kept. peniscat is creative but i wouldn't wear it

No account?