Close
One second...

I feel like a big fat stinky smelly doodie head, but I just don't get this.

Could someone please explain this shirt to me in detail? All I see is an awesome guy with an excessively hairy face running over little blob people with an awesome bike.

Like, everyone keeps saying how funny and genius this is, but I just don't get it.

So yeah, uh, explain please? I feel like a n00b.

Watch this
kaleigh07

Haha dont cause I dont get it either... :/

SnakeMan

the blob people are wheelies?

LCO

popping willies perhaps?

mezo

The bike guy is popping a wheelie with his bike while popping a wheelie creature to death- Do you see the little people wearing skates/wheels?

BlameTheSuburbs

its about an awesome guy with an excessively hairy face running over little blob people with an awesome bike.

EZFL

not everything has to reference pop culture, tell a story, promote a product... or make any sense at all.

mezo

I like to think the bike rider is Teenwolf.
Cuz...I love Teenwolf.

chelly

i assumed it was either pre-teen wolf because he was riding a bike instead of a van, or teen wolf's dad because of the saggy butt that you see on the bike seat

mezo

Cuz...we love Teenwolf.

jasper7777

I think you should go look a kennnnnnnnnnnn's web site and admire all his work— and maybe you will appreciate it more.

http://www.knnth.com/

The weirdness of it makes it extra, extra, special.
His style is totally unique/original. The characters, the color, the fine line work— just is totally unique!
I'm getting two of these shirts—just for me.

The Good King

It's really just a bit poo isn't it. If it was that good it would have recieved a better score.

David T

Does it have to mean something to be a great design. I've seen way to many really good designs either score badly or get dropped early on this site just because people "don't get it". It's art! What is there to get! I'm glad the people here at threadless ignore the scores people give sometimes and just print shirts that are GOOD rather than popular.

David T

Does it have to mean something to be a great design. I've seen way to many really good designs either score badly or get dropped early on this site just because people "don't get it". It's art! What is there to get! I'm glad the people here at threadless ignore the scores people give sometimes and just print shirts that are GOOD rather than popular.

joewank

High scores on threadless only mean that the design appeals to the mainstream—average person.

Tonteau

The Good King on Apr 02 '08 at 4:08pm
It's really just a bit poo isn't it. If it was that good it would have recieved a better score.

--------------------

Slow hand clap.

Flippinheck

This fucking old debate again.

DavidT, It may surprise you that sometimes art DOES have meaning. Most artists have an idea of what they want to say before they start randomly daubing paint on the canvas.

And some people like to know what a design is about before they buy it. If it's obviously abstract or patterny, it's fine - you don't ask why a tie has polka dots. But with something like this, where there's obviously something happening... what's wrong with finding out what's going on? Is that a girl with really long hair, or a boy whose bubble gum has popped all over his face? What are those things under her wheels?

If you're happy to wear absolutely anything on your chest, as long as you like the pretty shapes and colours, good for you. Don't get upset at those who want to know the story behind it.

/rant over

welshalex

Flippinheck - exactly what I would have said if I could have mustered the eloquence. I'm so sick of people taking the artisic high ground.

squatterjohn

Obama's not a fur-face-man. The fur-face-man clearly represents Hilary.

mezo

It's ok to interpret your own story, flippin. I think that's the issue here. Viewers becoming too lazy and in need of a clear cut "story" of what they are looking at.

After all, does the shirt concept change if the main character is a person with long hair or popped gum?

aled

I DON'T GET IT.

I NEED TO GET IT.

mezo

I'll give it to you, alright.

valorandvellum

Sometimes it's fine for a shirt to just look good and that's it. No deep meaning, no big story. People are only looking at it for two seconds anyway.

On the flipside, I can understand how people might want to know a back story. For instance, I almost got that We're Rollin' They're Hatin' shirt until I found out it was a D&D design. The last thing anybody wants, is to be wearing a shirt like that and then get called out for it. You would look like an idiot and/or a poser. Nobody needs that.

Tonteau

For instance, I almost got that We're Rollin' They're Hatin' shirt until I found out it was a D&D design. The last thing anybody wants, is to be wearing a shirt like that and then get called out for it. You would look like an idiot and/or a poser. Nobody needs that.

--------------

I bought it cos it looked sweet, that has to be the only real reason to buy a shirt.

katzekween

or maybe it's cars on top (cuz they're the most powerful or something), bikes in the middle, and rollerblades on the bottom.
or...
idk

katzekween

but im not really sure what the significance of the fluffy face is. maybe people with luscious locks of pinkish hair are more successful then bald egg-shaped guys? and that they are literally run over by their better competition who have more beautiful faces?

yeahhhh.... but somehow i don't think that's it

SoulfumeInc

i love not getting it

Jarfly

ha ha RMX.

It's a little too Butt-Head and not enough Beavis for me.

mezo

Whatevs, v&v, We're Rollin They Hatin is clearly a shirt saluting Chamillionaire's desire to ride dirty.

thatchick

not everything needs to have an explanation or make sense...

but i, too, would like it if this did. especially for when people see it and say to me, "what is that?" which they already do enough with my other t-less shirts, and those i can actually explain.

my point is just that i support the initial question about the meaning, i wondered the same thing, and i also agree that its lack of meaning does not detract from its awesomeness.

roadkill3d

This is what happens when you put a zoo tiger or a science rat in the open if it has been used to being confined in cages, spoon-fed. It has no idea how to survive. It doesn't realize it's finally salivating freedom.

hanpetesly

this is just a nasty shirt, it doesn't need an explanation to see that. I can't beleive something this lame/creepy got printed.

SinisterNights

When I see this shirt, this is what I see. I see a girl who really doesn't care about what other people think, or possibly miniscule happenings that she creates. Her hair is in her face when she is riding her bike [extremely dangerous... been there] and she doesn't care. She must be able to feel that she is running over and "popping" SOMETHING but she doesn't care enough to move her hair to look. Also, if you didn't notice [if she is a girl] she doesn't shave her legs and is wearing a buggy cars jersey-esque shirt. She really just doesn't care.

I am not saying that is what the artist was trying to portray. That is just how I would explain this shirt.

By the way, I bought it. :]

jasper7777

I think it means something
and I think if you don't have enough of an imagination to think of a meaning for it— your not very creative and you have to have
people spell things out for you.

SinisterNights

jasper7777

I think it means something
and I think if you don't have enough of an imagination to think of a meaning for it— your not very creative and you have to have
people spell things out for you.

-------------------

I agree. Even if the artist didn't intend a meaning for it. If you really think everything should have one, you can probably think of one.

ginetteginette

all a ya are just a bunch o' whiners.

jasper7777

Yeah, BlametheSuburbs, and SinisterNights, and Johntiki, they all have imaginations and can think... the people who don't like the shirt
aren't open minded and don't have imagination...

ginetteginette

they didn't say that at all, they said those who need to be explained this shirt don't have an imagination.

jasper7777

I think you misunderstood what I wrote— I meant people like Johntiki, do have imaginations because they could come up with all sorts of things the shirt could mean. What Johntiki wrote demonstrates how much fun it is to make up your own interpretation.

MCS4096

Oh man, this is a great shirt! More compliments on it in one day than any of my other Threadless shirts!

BlameTheSuburbs

haha I really enjoy what roadkill3d wrote. Great comment, can definitely be applied to all art in general. I think fundamentally a lot of art really is about freedom, too.

cancer

makes me think of king of the hill kinda... why arent we asking the designer what its all about.?

chelly

hahaha

No account?