Close
One second...

The First Rick-Roll

• by bcolbow
  • posted Mar 31, 2008
  • 30 Comments

After being Rick-Rolled (being tricked into clicking on a link of Rick Astley singing "Never gonna to give you up") several times over the last week I started to wonder when this all started.

Watch this
bcolbow
bcolbow profile pic Alumni

After being Rick-Rolled (being tricked into clicking on a link of Rick Astley singing "Never gonna to give you up") several times over the last week I started to wonder when this all started.

plaid-duckie

haha
never gonna give you up!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Very cute idea, but I think you need to at least give people a little bit of a hint on who that dancing white dude just might be by putting the words "never gonna give you up!" and some lil' musical marks around the words.

EricDiaz

ahahahaha, that video cracks me up every time.

Tylwythtegs

NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE AND HURT YOU

bcrider

Weve know each other for so long
Your hearts been aching
But youre too shy to say it
Inside we both know whats been going on
We know the game and were gonna play it

dances

ilovecutedorks

Being the one that falls for the RickRoll, EVERY TIME, I aprove this teeshirt. ; )

VanOrhn

put "Rick Rolled" on the back or somewhere pleeeease

zoomgirl

I hadn't glanced at the title and when I saw it I thought it was Vanilla Ice....must be the hair...
I love the concept though....

idiot monarch

I instantly thought about Rick Roll, but, like others said, there should be some indication to it. 4/5

probemunky

i have never seen this link thing before but the t-shirt is funny as hell anyway.

Deodand

I like the warding motions they're making with their hands. Maybe you should have one guy trying to close the curtain ;)

madenew

i am proud to say that I have never been rick rolled

madenew

in fact I have never heard of rick rolling before

Mattias

haha it needs more Rick! add the dancing bartender.

Mattias
Hamburger Disco Clothing
HamburgerDisco.com

Jessica L

as is, it works as a cartoon but not as a tee. i think it's a bit too plain for a tee. but i think the concept is AMAZING.

Fawful667

I would buy this in a heartbeat, if it even took me that long.

sissyspacecase

HAHAHA My friends and I just Rick-Rolled a comedian at school!!! $5

fillengroovy

Yeah Rick! Oh that's soooo funny. $5

zorack

I dont get it.

amandatrock

definitely put "rick rolled" somewhere.

azukar

Yeah, agree with the above. It needs soemthing to tell you that it's a Rick Rolling in progress.

If you give it that, without ruining the design, this is a 5.

podunk42

I love it! I love it! I love it! Definite 5$. If I'm going to buy one T-shirt from Threadless this year, this would be it.

bcolbow

Wow, Podunk42, thanks.

It's true that the shirt is better when you know the title, but I decided to go without because it didn't look good and I think the best jokes are the ones that ones that are a little more subtle. Actually adding the text "Rick-Roll" just ruined it for me.

bcolbow

Man, my last comment made no sense What I meant was that I like more subtle humor so I left the text out.

podunk42

I actually emailed ThinkGeek suggesting they pick this up if Threadless doesn't.

No account?
Join Us