Close
One second...

noble hummingbird

• by artulo
  • posted Mar 22, 2008
  • 28 Comments

Watch this
thetigress

Interesting design, but I would prefer it to actually be smaller than the whole shirt- I think it would look much cuter!

artulo

First threadless submission - way too much detail to be seen than the 600px comp...large version link below, please look!

@ thetigress - thanks for your comment! Smaller is a possiblity, but I would have to take out detail.

Go Large!

Nymeria

I love the fact that it is as big as this. Don't like it when they become too small, on black definetly.

c_kid
c_kid profile pic Alumni

Good luck!

talflick

agreed, make it not cover the entire shirt. but it doesn't have to be that much smaller

afanasieva

it needs to be a little bit smaller I agree :), other than that, i like it :)

artulo

Thanks so much for the comments, it can be made smaller if it more suits a print, since it's all vector art.

trippstar

Love it if smaller, say, 8" square on the chest

doughboybenny

awesome 5$! in grey though

DivineAna

I agree that it should be smaller.

Alabaster Sweeny Totushek

I would actually prefer wearing it if it was not smaller. Partly because of the detail of the design, but mostly because it would lose some of its majestic character if it was boxed in by a traditional t-shirt border.

artulo

Thanks for the comments and scores everyone! I think it'd be really cool as a wraparound design if it would work at all.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Interesting hummer you got here!

jonkfish

Regal. $5.

berrynoir

I like it big - kinda a juxtaposition cause hummingbirds are the smallest birds. Colorwise, I like the contrast of it on white, but lots of people don't like white tees (I tend to agree) - maybe a light green, pink or lavender? Or something completely different like a maroon? Really beautiful design.

artulo

Awesome comments everyone, keep them coming! The above is on silver grey, which is not quite white. I'll agree on the white tee argument - but some designs do go well on them. Light pink looks great for an option, too!

chocofungi

i think smaller, and it needs some background context. i do like it though

berrynoir

Yeah, white does work for contrast - I think it's the negative association with "undershirt" and the staining probs. In this case though, I think I would go for white over silver which just wouldn't pop as much - it sometimes tends to look dingy. Would dig the light pink. :)

ssgtsquared

i think it would look great on the same color as the baby blue background.

nikolina100

wow! love all those details!

jlm1090

HaHa! I don't know why, but this is really funny to me. Nice job!

baskinglizard

the details are awesome! And I love it on the darker blue.

$5!

artulo

Hey, thanks everyone for all the great comments - there's a lot of detail in there as you noticed! Making the print smaller would lose that.

As mentioned before, light pink could be a shirt option.

Thanks again!!! Feel pretty good about this first sub.

Roxy Feet

aw little birdie conquistador

2thFairy

Love the detail. Very nice!

$5

Maudhiko

Awesome. Beautiful execution. I love that it is huge and I love that slight color clash with the background. I would buy it on that color tee.

ace_vegan

its great that its sort of in royal colours, it might look good also just as plain black and white print on a white t shirt because of the textures and detail work

artulo

Thanks everyone for the comments and for scoring!

No account?
Join Us