Close
One second...

Way to go

New Idea, put a little together and just want to make sure it hasnt been done before.

THE PLAN: Keep adding flowers till you cant see the outline any more. and the outline becomes the daisys.

THEN: Im going to fill in the body outline with broken and woven stems, so it looks like someone was laying there.

and I want to expand the grove of flowers and such.

thoughts? and what should I call it?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
peterpansyndrome

New Idea, put a little together and just want to make sure it hasnt been done before.

THE PLAN: Keep adding flowers till you cant see the outline any more. and the outline becomes the daisys.

THEN: Im going to fill in the body outline with broken and woven stems, so it looks like someone was laying there.

and I want to expand the grove of flowers and such.

thoughts? and what should I call it?

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

this is a really cool idea, maybe before you get too far just try playing around with other methods of drawing it a little. . . maybe instead of black lines use just 1 dark green for the stems and leaves of the flowers and you could have some blades of grass gradating away from the figure. . . very cool I will be looking forward to updates on this!

peterpansyndrome

mm good tip.. expound on this "gradiating grass"

beccapeach

pretty neat idea.. i dont know about the dark green stem Idea but think about more shapes of flowers

Mr. Gomez

So far the silhouette looks pretty sharp maybe more random flowers around would blend it a bit more.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

Are you trying to make it look like somebody was laying down in the patch of flowers? If so, I think you need to add some flattened grass/flowers in the area filling the figure. If you are just trying to make a figure of a person outlined in flowers, though, you did a pretty good job.

peterpansyndrome

well its a take on the dead guy chalk drawing thing... Ill take both suggestions - 1. add flattened grass 2. more random flowers

Mr. Gomez

maybe some some worms where the body was

peterpansyndrome

I think its gonna look good on boobs.. like a nice grassy hill.

anyway 2 things:

1. more flowers?
2. any Ideas for the smushed and broken flowers within the outline.

3rd thing:

3. better name?

gibles

i thought it was a mummy

gibles

you should go lay in some flowers, and see what smooshed flowers actually look like. i love the idea though

Karebear010

yeah, great idea, but I also thought it was a mummy. If it's supposed to be grass then the areas on the other sides of the flowers need to have the lines for grass too. But that may need to be tweaked as well. As for the smashed flowers. Don't have them so hard edged. if you have to, really smash a flower and get the concept from that...i don't know what else to tel you for that.

beesneak
beesneak profile pic Alumni

looks way better than version 1. Great idea, but I have to agree with comment above mine. With a bit more refinement, I think you have a winner:)

SoHereIAm

haha cool!!!

peterpansyndrome

still looking for a better name but really more worried about:

1. old grass (outside and bottom) doesnt mesh well with new grass (inside flowers)

2. new grass looks like body hair?

and remember this is still pre- broken flowers and stems and such on the inside.

lbookout

I think its a great concept. The grass looks fine I don't know what you are worried about.

peterpansyndrome

no prob.. it is an unusual angle, but Im not sure Im up for redoing it all.

bloody bear

yeah you have to be pretty sure of your design to do that

Eugene42

The progress you made is all in the right direction. Good job.

I'm not sure if that's going to be easy to print, it's kind of busy/complicated already, otherwise I would have suggested some "dirt" or whatever to make the solid green background more realistic.

Erm, I wouldn't wear it however. But it's nice. :)

ndstillie
ndstillie profile pic Alumni

i really like v3. maybe a good title would be "death to hippy dancing"

peterpansyndrome

happy sunday.. anyone on with some ideas?

monroe20

Maybe the name could be 'Death Bed'. As in a flower bed.

Retroludo
Retroludo profile pic Alumni

I'd like to see even more dead grass inside to compete with the flowers. Also I'd like to see some more variety on the flower shapes some of the ones on the edges look like clones. Good luck.

Please crit mine.
http://www.threadless.com/critique/18876/Twilight

peterpansyndrome

slowly becoming more pleased. But I am the first person checking needs more work.

peterpansyndrome

v5 and a new name of death bed. thanks for the crit

fmf

New Title: Pushing up Daisies

peterpansyndrome

so far stickin with death bed... but what else you got?

grracexx

Great idea, but more flowers between the head and the raised arm, and I personally like the v3 squished part better.

peterpansyndrome

more ideas appreciated. Im probably going to add some more bigger flowers where those tiny flowers are on the rib arm pit area, as to get rid of some of the business.

Thinking about a flash template for this one before I submit? whatcha think?

peterpansyndrome

tiny tweaks.

anyway like this or should I spring for the flash template?

Ehud L

cool. If you can use the template, I think.
I think the exterior edge of the flower bed should'nt overlap the interior. I think it should have a more natural shape

peterpansyndrome

good call on the overlapping.. my layers got out of order. danke

Mr. Raab

very nice idea, i think it just needs to be smoothed out a bit on the interior and it will be good to go

Wozzy

very pretty

Wrkhorse

great idea and exicution. its cool to see the evolution of the design.

peterpansyndrome

meant for that top right kelly green but how about some other colors to work with?

jujus delivery
jujus delivery profile pic Alumni

great concept well executed. I also reminds me a bit of the little guy on the pedestrian traffic light. green works best I think cause its the least sinister. it makes the twist even stronger.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us