Close
One second...

Ghost on the machine

Hi, this is my sub for the Hot Chip glow ink contest. I wanted the use of the glow ink to have a point, and not just be used for the sake of using it. Here, the glow effect takes this nice design of a copy machine on a t-shirt and gives it a whole new meaning once the lights go down. I decided to do this design on a light colored shirt, to make the glow aspect a nice hidden surprise. As for the ghost, I wanted him to look Casper-esque, bubbly and cute. I also thought giving him legs (and little ghost pants) was a nice touch and made the idea stronger. Hope you enjoy it. I think it turned out pretty well.

Design notes:

-6 colors, including glow ink.

-Cool halftone

-Shown here on light gray, but it would look great on any light colored shirt: white, cream, light blue, mint, yellow.

-Glow ink, although transparent, would appear very, very faint on the shirt when not in a dark room.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
Laser Bread
Laser Bread profile pic Alumni

Hi, this is my sub for the Hot Chip glow ink contest. I wanted the use of the glow ink to have a point, and not just be used for the sake of using it. Here, the glow effect takes this nice design of a copy machine on a t-shirt and gives it a whole new meaning once the lights go down. I decided to do this design on a light colored shirt, to make the glow aspect a nice hidden surprise. As for the ghost, I wanted him to look Casper-esque, bubbly and cute. I also thought giving him legs (and little ghost pants) was a nice touch and made the idea stronger. Hope you enjoy it. I think it turned out pretty well.

Design notes:
-6 colors, including glow ink.
-Cool halftone
-Shown here on light gray, but it would look great on any light colored shirt: white, cream, light blue, mint, yellow.
-Glow ink, although transparent, would appear very, very faint on the shirt when not in a dark room.

zipperking
zipperking profile pic Alumni

YES! I even love the randomness of just a photocopier during the day! $5!!!

chul

Amazing!! $5

pascally

when the lights go down it looks great! but during the day i would just be wearing a large copy machine

welshalex

Smashing. This is really really great, I'll be very surprised if I love any other designs for this competition as much as this.

splatula

finally it's up...this is the best shirt I've ever seen on threadless. by far the best in this competition. a sure print. $5 $5 $5 $5 $5

tbrunelle

I want this shirt.

gmuinos

I love this shirt more than my dad.
$5

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Dude.

$5

UP.

THIS IS THE TEE!
A BIG UP!
5 + 5$

littleclyde
littleclyde profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

This is hilarious. Nice!

.MINUS.

This is perfect.

trev43

have to agree with splatula and welshalex and.........well everyone else because this is simple amazing.

Pizazz

I love this so much. The photocopier is so well done that it doesn't matter that that's all there is to it during the day!

scomodel

This shirt is awesome...

pkjelland

nothing like glow-in-the-dark ghost buns

Woss
Woss profile pic Alumni

LOL!

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

Ghost + glow + xerox prank + assshots =
Insanely awesome!

4 fives

P

R

I

N

T

$5

Miscreant

I can't believe I'd actually wear a shirt with a copier on it... but this is so great, I would.
$5!!!

Wiffler

I can't wait to be a ghost if it means pulling hilarious pranks! $5

Dirkje

score prdiction: 4.99

this is amazing!

gorski00

I think his little ghost pants are great.

msweds01

Ghots butt prints, whats not to like? $5

jpeacockdesign

bwahahahahahaha i didn't get it at first but then the glow part came up frickin brilliant $555

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Ahahahahahaha at the belt. Or, at everything!

This is fantastic. FANTASTIC, says I.

wotto
wotto profile pic Alumni

brilliant

fat pigeon
fat pigeon profile pic Alumni

Nice!

jstumpenhorst
jstumpenhorst profile pic Alumni

hilarious!! great idea and this just looks like a print!!

Laser Bread
Laser Bread profile pic Alumni

Hey, thanks for the great comments so far. I really appreciate the support.

J-Ray

DUDE! Before the glow in the dark showed up I thought.. man this is boring. Then the ghost appears and BAM! Great idea.

The fact that you'll see a small tint of the ghost in the light is great.

LOVE it $5

blacksun5292

Haha, way cute. Very nice :)

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

I'd probably still 5 this if it was just the photocopier. Great work.

jesstune

this is simply awesome.

Bisparulz
Bisparulz profile pic Alumni

Fantastic 5$.

dschwen
dschwen profile pic Alumni

$$$$$
Another hit. This one blows away the competition.
Can't wait to be covering my chest with this.

skullg1rl

Wooooooowwww! incredibly awesome im speechless

M_Dizzle

it reminds me of that movie office space
$5

chelly

hahahaha

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

I like your idea, but that glow ink would show up during the day, lessoning the dramatic impact. I also believe that it would cover up the parts of the copier that it is covering. Not sure, but I know it doesn't just magically appear. IT would still be seen. That being said, I still think it's pretty funny.

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

Just awesome, print this! $5

DJack

$5 $5 $5 %%%%%%! 1,000,000% cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

neon leon

insanely awesome. PRINT!!!! $5

VanGo

Like straight butta from tha phat farm, yo...!

WanderingBert
WanderingBert profile pic Alumni

This is quite amazing!

Mr.Gorsky

ahahahahaha is Fuunnnyyyyyyyyyyy

kiLLyou

Mwahahahahhaha!!!

Sick!!

$$ F i V E $$

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2