Close
One second...

Lovebirds

• by DaleEdwin
  • posted Mar 03, 2008
  • 46 Comments

Simulated process print I guess. Wanted to keep this quite rough and sketchy. Kinda like how it turned out. Let me know what you think.

Watch this
DaleEdwin
DaleEdwin profile pic Alumni

Simulated process print I guess. Wanted to keep this quite rough and sketchy. Kinda like how it turned out. Let me know what you think.

Sunshine69

I think this should be right on the chest of the shirt. Pretty colors and who can resist lovebirds? I don't care for the scribbly background so much, though.

gasille

Lovely!

J-Ray

...or up on the breast. lovely art.

catseye

nice!!! thought i d like it better without the white lines on the back...

bjs32

I LOVE this! PLEASE print!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$555555555555555

gnit

The scribble background and the position of the picture is perfect.

laurafrye

Positioning is great, and the white lines through the blue background really make it pop!

cozmocoll

Love the lovebirds and the scribbly background- very 80's vibe. I hope it gets printed cuz I'd wear it!! 5$

abolton

not sure about the placement on the shirt but i love lovebirds - great shirt!

DaleEdwin

I did try a centre chest placement and it didn't really look right to me. My thinking on this placement is that you would probably initially only see one bird when looking at the shirt. When you then noticed that there was another one right beside it, the penny would drop that they are love birds. Thanks for the comments so far.

Persikov

Wow. Beautiful. I hope the multiple colors and fancy prices don't up the cost too much.

I would be inclined to go for chest print, but that be bad for the ladies?

edean

my roommate bought a bird and it won't SHUT THE FUCK UP...it's woken me up the past 3 mornings in a row
sorry 'bout that...good shirt, not sure i like the placement 4

DaleEdwin

LOL edean. LOL!!

organicly

don't change the placement, please $5

mrnuage

The placement is great where it is - love this design - I'd buy it!

KILLZ

this is cute! I love it!

chul

I'm not keen on the placement, but love the design

billiard86

I like this a lot. Kudos to you. $5

lszhou

this is awesome!!!

yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni

Such lovely!! such nice colour too! $5

talflick

beautiful. I hope it's printed, really.
I love the placement, to be honest. A little up and a little left would be better, but it's unique. I like when shirts have the design there. f-f-f-five.

duloque

I love that off-center placement, and the pseudo-printing effect makes it even kickier... kicker? Something. I'd buy it.

isabela

like the birds, BUT not the position. and also NOT the color of the shirts, i really hate this color look soo bad on my skin...

nikolina100

beee you tee full!

Natika

cuteness! but placement could be better i think?

macbeck

AWESOME!!!!!

SonOfDonald

fantastic design, really like it... would've liked it placed centrally on a white tee too!

maquiladorian

Not my style but love the colors. Well done!

DaleEdwin

Thanks for all the comments peeps.

Kubin

i'd love it as an image right on the chest.
the birds are beautifully done! flaunt it!

snocookie

I have two lovebirds myself! Very cute design, I'd like the placement a lot better if there wasn't the blue and white background. Other than that, I'd def. buy it!

haley117

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

CheeseSandwich

LOVE LOVE LOVE $5555555555555555555555!

Vancelle

Pretty sweet.

DaleEdwin

I tried this design out centre chest and it actually looks pretty good.
Check it here if you want to and let me know what you think. The site is a work in progress so please bear with me. Cheers guys.

empiricist
empiricist profile pic Alumni

Great colors and illustration! I prefer this design centered on the chest.

DaleEdwin

I'm beginning to agree with you - don't why I thought it looked naff at first. Bugger.

PonderThis

I love the half-tones, and the illustration quality. For me, I could do without the white and blue background. I think the birds stand alone without a bkgd just fine. But it's good. 4.

Pixtoons

Dale, very nice technique. How are you doing the simulated process printing? Is this something new in Illustrator CS3?

pooparazzi

ITS REAL CUTE but the background scribbles are blah.

astrafunk

if lichtenstein were a zoologist... hehe.

nice one. i like the texture of dot drawings. the color makes it look like one of those 80s nature t-shirts since it is rather neon, so if some of the dots were raised that might even add to that look.

jillustration
jillustration profile pic Alumni

aw man, i missed scoring this! but they better print it because it's the cutest thing EVER.

No account?