Close
One second...

Kingdom Animalia

• by wt123654
  • posted Feb 18, 2008
  • 44 Comments

I've painstakingly researched and documented most animals on earth, and selected the 16 most exotic to put on a t-shirt. Not enough? Don't worry. Improve your Latin or play "guess the animal" with friends: each creature illustration is accompanied by its scientific name.

Black on white

Watch this
wt123654

I've painstakingly researched and documented most animals on earth, and selected the 16 most exotic to put on a t-shirt. Not enough? Don't worry. Improve your Latin or play "guess the animal" with friends: each creature illustration is accompanied by its scientific name.

Black on white

Atomic K

Go left brainers!!

batgirl93

I love the idea, but do you think there's anyway to make the illustrations less kid like and a little more detailed?

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

this should have been done with handwritten font. the animals are so naively done (in a good way) but the font sort of bores me and doesn't really make me want to read it.

Chris Carney

Could you make the fonts bigger, people are going to struggle to read them unless they are very close, and a different colour too. Maybe to a deep rich yellow. Do some basic colouring in on you animals. Try a light gray tee it will make any colour you've added look more vibrant

ficketpences

I agree with the idea of "handwritten" names. Not childlike or anything, just something that looks like it belongs on a notebook page.

mysticzealot

with the suggestions already listed..i'd totally buy this shirt.

im not sure if adding color will 'ruin' it ..

nice job

spiraldownpour

love it, but color would be awesome

wt123654

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with the idea of handwritten text.. wish I had thought of that before. Yellow or grey shirts sounds like a good idea, although I think adding color to the animals takes away from that sketchbook/field-drawn feel I was going for

wisseh

Scribbly font = $5. :)

robinbailey

i agree.
change the font and $5

eglasch

needs Color

Mr. Cranky-Pants

Doesn't need colour, but handwritten notebook text would look good. The drawings are excellent. Cream shirt might look alright, too.

elisep

Different font and I would wear it! 5

dalailama411

i think id like some colors but this is still really good.

Trinity Lawson

i looooooooooooove it, it's really cool and i would definately wear it!!!

otterbuddy

Maybe a different color.

cityclass

nice ideaa!!!

times new roman doesn't look too good on tees though.

Globie

I love this! Change the font and I'm all over it.

HesitantCheese

I would like it if it were a color... I am not a fan of white t's, but it is pretty neat

Nath015

I'm torn between wanting color and not wanting color...

I DO, however, like the idea of the handwritten font.

Sweet job though =)

viennagirl

cool. i like it on white, i dont know why so many people hate it on white, anyways, it would achieve the look of a notepaper page if it was on white.
love the shirt!!!!

jpeacockdesign

no color just different font and i agree $5

1800herpes

$$$$ Cha chinggg i want this with the changes suggested.

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I love your animals!

hellomightydog

I liek the idea of a handwritten font. Since you seem receptive to it as well...$5!

It doesn't bother me on white so much.

Kannaya

I like the idea a lot but it does need color in my opinion. 3

Savage Companion

I like the font that's there. it's like the font they always use when using the latin name of the animals

wt123654

Savage, you are the first person comment on that. It's actually the reason why I originally went with italicized times new roman

songincarnate

you could still italicize, but I think it would be better with a different font. And don't make "kingdom animalia" so huge.
Otherwise, I love it!

tides_ca

good but not white

dinokid19

Hella would buy it
$5

Goodness Gracious

I totally love this design, but just not on white.

wt123654

Just to clarify: "kingdom animalia" is not really that big in relation to the drawings. That was just the title I added to the image. If you squint at the tshirt at the bottom, you can see a sliver of text above the drawings; thats how big it is on the shirt

Jackolope

Change the font and it's all good. It doesn't have to be for the animal descriptions, just the title. If you choose a scribbly font (which would be ideal for the title) it may turn out crappy when reduced in size.

Kandromidary

Just change the font and make the font bigger but I love it!!!!:)

riburticus

Cool.... I would have liked there to be some shading on the animals, sketchy looking is cool, but see if you can make it look like you spent more time on the animals.

hathateheat

hahaha, simple, nice. even if the color for the background is different, like the one you put on the model. the t shirt is more darker than the background of the picture. good job!

alejandromila

Yeah, very good fineline!

Chalubee

As is, 5$

unce_unce_unce

light tshirt color would be nice. And i agree with the handwritten stuff!

hpikkachu

love it. totally agree with the handwritten font. AWESOME CONCEPT THOUGH!!!! =D

No account?