Close
One second...

Looking For Electric Sheep In All The Wrong Places

• by kbward
  • posted Feb 10, 2008
  • 7 Comments

Just an interesting design I put together. No special printing methods. Designed to be printed on a black shirt.

Watch this
kbward

Just an interesting design I put together. No special printing methods. Designed to be printed on a black shirt.

Pandja

I almost want it to be up on the chest, though.

theelectricsheep

this is the wierdest thing ever. look at my screen name. this is a shared account, run by the members of a band of the same name. coincedence? i think not.

are you being inspired by the movie bladerunner?

Mccflute

This is a sweet design, and I definitely wouldn't mind wearing a shirt with such a cute chick on it. She looks like she'll kill you and you'll love her for it.

Neon Samurai

I really like the design but Id prefer it on a non-black shirt. Maybe a matrix-esque green or a dark blue?

ItchytheFIRST

A contact mic on the forehead?

kbward

Panja, I justify the positioning this way: a nontraditional placement serves to heighten the design. It also results in the design not getting caught up in the seams.

theelectric sheep, that’s a really bizarre coincidence. And I'm actually inspired by the title of the book that Bladerunner was based on, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Neon Samurai, I think that black shirt works because it keeps the high contrast nature of the design and results in the few red wires popping out from it more than a green or blue shirt would. I tried it with other colors and it just didn't feel right.

Mccflute, thank you. I hope you get the chance to wear it.

ItchytheFIRST, you are my hero for recognizing that. Check out the photoshoot I did that the image was vectored from.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I really enjoy the critique process and am interested to hear what others have to say.

Miditron

Seriously loving this. I think it would look weird on any color other than black or red for the reasons the artist stated. The fade out to the side effect thingy works best on black, methinks. Excellent design, I'd wear it.

No account?
Join Us