4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 10
weemuse

This is such incredibly bad taste... you did hear the recent news story about a US mom that killed her 1 month old this way? Boooo.

hey_barn

Well, this should get no comments {goes & gets popcorn}

weemuse

This is in such incredibly bad taste... you did hear the recent news story about a US mom that killed her 1 month old this way? !? Boooo.

Candiru

This is in such incredibly bad taste... you did hear the recent news story about a US mom that killed her 1 month old this way? !? Boooo.

ginetteginette

WaitAMinuteChester

hey_barn

This is in such incredibly bad taste... you did hear the recent news story about a US mom that killed her 1 month old this way? !? Boooo. {chomps through popcorn}

ObnoxiousMute

This is in such incredibly bad taste... you did hear the recent news story about a US mom that killed her 1 month old this way? !? Boooo. {chomps through popcorn} It needs more butter.

MelissasCooch

I think this is TREMENDOUS!

Hunkalicious

It's hardly bad taste when it's done in the name of Jesus!

golm

you sucl

ElkeTeigen

This is beautiful. Does it come in maternity sizing?

EricDiaz

done in the name of Jesus? dude come on.. how did this crap get through?

Sunshine69

I thought we were supposed to judge the design on its artistic merrit, not the content.

I think it's too big on the shirt. A center placement would look better, IMO. The flatness of the image could be improved by adding shadows. And maybe hint at the countertop so the microwave doesn't look like it's floating. I think a white ruffly cocktail apron would look smashing on the mom and maybe a string of pearls to really convey that "Leave it to Beaver" aesthetic.

Hunkalicious

I apologize, this tee was not meant for the humor impaired and was in no way inspired by the mom that put her child in an oven.

Emilicorice

I don't think that people are humored impaired... but mothers putting their children in the microwave, even in the name of jesus, is and i hate to say it, in bad taste.

ElkeTeigen

who said the World's Greatest Mom is Catholic?

"ALSO, its a rip from a very old bad religion 7-inch cover, going way back into the mid-80's, but there was something else in the microwave and the girl was not evil looking. she was smiling and had a mohawk."

Um, that sounds nothing like this design. Putting random stuff in the microwave is as old as microwaves.

BaronVonMonkey

Um, I laughed. Does that make me bad?

MelissasCooch

you little pearl clutchers can all relax. it's doubtful this design will make it to day 6 and really doubtful it'd ever be printed by threadless so you can save your indignation for something that really matters, like the war in Iraq or genocide in Darfur etc.

Scudrack

T-Shirt Hell will probably take this submission.

Hunkalicious

You people write "bad taste" like it's a bad thing.

iCrookedTree

Great shirt. The fact that it does happen and that "she does it in the name of Jesus" makes it all the better. For all you naysayers, it's called satire. Look it up!

Oh, and just because you claim a religion, doesn't mean you truly follow or represent said religion. Especially here in the Western world.

Tough break, ain't it kids?

Print the shirt!

MelissasCooch

I'd never cook a baby wearing my best pearls.

PerceptionistheWorld

Wow, I think there have been designs in worst "taste" than this on here. When did everyone get so uptight?

shadowboy

iCrookedTree on Feb 12 '08
Great shirt. The fact that it does happen and that "she does it in the name of Jesus" makes it all the better. For all you naysayers, it's called satire. Look it up!

Satire - noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

I'm still not seeing any "commentary" in this sub. Just a depiction.

Hunkalicious

The irony is in the title however I never said my design was satire.

Sunshine69

Shadowboy, read definition #1 again: "the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc."

wotto

oh dear oh dear

SuperShaina914

hmm... interesting... the microwave does seem to be floating.

i think it's a cool tshirt. sure it'll turn some heads. but that's what makes it great.

it's called freedom of speech yo.

SaintRay

Anyone who says this is in bad taste has never tasted freshly microwaved baby. Mmmm mmm! Yummy.... and oh so tender.

This is a great concept, Hunkalicious, but in my opinion, she should look more evil or perhaps more white bread, even shockingly so, as some have recommended. Also, maybe put a little Jesus on that cross, looking all haggard and bloody. But maybe that's too much. Maybe have the baby crying, trying to get out of the microwave. As it is, the baby looks as though it might be dead already. Or is that what you're going for?

Oh, yeah, and the floating microwave thing, too. But you're off to a great start.

wowzers

i think you need help.
get rid of the freaking cross.
and i DO practice my religion thank you very much.
you have no place in accusing people of being unholy when you are microwaving babies.
i understand you point of view- all evil and stuff..., but is it really worth all the controversy???

wowzers

This is such incredibly bad taste... you did hear the recent news story about a US mom that killed her 1 month old this way? Boooo. (makes more popcorn- the old getting a little stale)

abolton

not a fan at all.

Hunkalicious

I was going for a generic kind of look. Sort of what you might see on an airplane safety brochure. Hence little or no expression on either the mom or the "meat". The mom's a bit dark and glam but she's preparing for a night out -without the baby of course, perhaps she couldn't book the baby sitter in time but has great seats at a Michael Bolton concert or something.

As far as the cross goes, it was originally a martini glass but I think mom seems a little more at home with her crucifix in hand. She might also be a vampire slayer or exorcist (who knows).

The floating microwave was intentional, a -it's close to your heart and b -it's the central focus - I think the baby might get lost just like another ham in a bunch of kitchen ephemera.

slinkers

awful.

snegoratchka

well, I think the satire is hilarious.

littlem

her legs look a bit like one leg split into two by a straight line.

Hunkalicious

Yeah, the leg issue has been fixed.

t-thyme

freaky. that mom looks eerily like my mom (circa 1965).

Duskamber

Eh! Creepy!

J-Ray

great idea!

lyssie

not only is it in bad taste but it's just not a t-shirt at all

MelissasCooch

^ I think it's just a little beyond you, dear.

Dick Duke

Wearable art!

$5

drsmith

well, you've got a lot of talk going. so congrats there. the art is good. the concept is terrible. if you truely feel that the clothes say something about the person, what does this say about someone wearing this? being a parent, i have to try and look at things through their eyes. how do you explain this to them?

cofosho

I don't even think this would get printed at TeeShirt Hell, and they fucking suck.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 10
No account?