Close
One second...

Star Fishing

• by SweetCera
  • posted Jan 22, 2008
  • 26 Comments

Watch this
creative fisheries

Did you get the idea from Robert De Niro's ship in the movie Stardust?

d630ew

Really cute.
I'd buy it.

SweetCera

i did get the idea from stardust. :-)

Hero Status

the ship looks like clipart, and doesnt match the style of the rest of the image. its bottom is flat, which doest make any sense. the clouds are cool, and you put a nice pattern in the net tho, so thats worth it. still, if you're struggling with wanting to put things in the subs, why not put them through the crits first?
m

SweetCera

what's crits?

Yellerz

nice idea...just needs better illustration

Hydruss

Cera! This looks really good! The illustration I think matches the idea...simple and clever. I really like it! I hope it gets through. :o)

DreamAboutCake

I love the clouds, the stars and specially the net, why ruin it with the boat, work on it and make it a bit bigger.

spiraldownpour

the net looks passive. maybe different net design.

nursethalia

Nice idea, but the ship looks too much like clipart or a photoshop filter.

Camizzle

i think if you spread the design around the shirt a bit more it would look less confined

edean

i agree with hero, also, should there be more stars in the net since they are fishing for them?

IHateCrayons

As previously mentioned by others... I saw this and was instantly reminded of Stardust.

deepsky

Aw yes!! Perfect! 5$

SweetCera

thank you! :-) awww...

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I like the idea a lot as well, but everything seems so "placed on the tee with separate magnets" in the art direction area. Blend all the concepts and pieces together better and have some more animation on a few stars trapped in the net or a few already on the ship (make the ship a tad bigger), and you've got a winner.

Doyler

I'm over whimsy.

cgrein

nice

Shiv Katall

Wasn't Robert DeNiro collecting thunder?

alvinworkshop

good, but the ship design style need to match the style of the rest

ripvanfish

I really really really like this shirt. Please print it because I really really really want it. I like the ship, I wouldn't change anything.

eschliff

SweetCera on Jan 29 '08
what's crits?

i've never designed for the site, so i dont know exactly how it works but no one ever answered her question and its kinda important

DivineAna

Cute idea, though I feel like you could up the ante with the execution. I'll give it a 4.

No account?
Join Us