Close
One second...

30 and Robofriend

My rob and big design has been through critiques and is ready to score. 7 colors on cream (or alternately sand). tried to combine sketch and digital style for a hybrid look.

"My best friend is the kind of fun loving, giant, powerful guy who will crush anyone who dare stand in our way; with real integrity and metal. And missiles; lots of missiles."

-30, about her best friend Cortez, the Robofriend

Watch this
epocalypse

My rob and big design has been through critiques and is ready to score. 7 colors on cream (or alternately sand). tried to combine sketch and digital style for a hybrid look.

"My best friend is the kind of fun loving, giant, powerful guy who will crush anyone who dare stand in our way; with real integrity and metal. And missiles; lots of missiles."
-30, about her best friend Cortez, the Robofriend

TobyD81

Chicks and robots: always winning elements in a design.

epocalypse

thanks a lot! that's pretty much my style.

smilemin

i like this a lot

mikrophiber

love the sketch style...i'm very frugal with my 5's but this is a definite!

epocalypse

thanks much guys! Hopefully this will show up in the shop for massive victory.

epocalypse

I realize that, it has been pointed out to me. however, i had this idea before seeing that design, and the point between the two is completely. however, if you have links to any of the other girl rides a robot designs, I'd like to see links. ^_^.

mxy

this is fresh

epocalypse

okay, this is just wierd. personally I find it ammusing:

"Number scored:
555 people

Score for:
5 more days

Comments:
15 comments"

if only i had 55 comments by now! thanks to all those scoring it!

Chipmnk

Wow, this is pretty crazy. Definitely liking the sketchiness.

rAmpantDesigns

I think for a hybrid style the sketch lines are a bit too dark. I would totally 5 it if it were lighter in that respect, it seems to destract from the design for me. Overall I like it besides that.

epocalypse

an lighter template can be made for the design, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Personally I like dark colors, but thanks for the praise and the opinion!

drkilljoy77

cream bad... Cream BAD!

epocalypse

why cream bad? (note design can also be on sand or natural, i'm not tied to cream)

squatterjohn

People thinking this is familiar may be thinking of travis76

This was printed.

This is an image of the same characters, girl riding the robot.

Just saying because you asked for some links to other girl rides robot designs.

epocalypse

thanks very much. judging from certain parts of the designs, lie the use of the number 23, i think they might have been acting on similar influences to me. However, I don't feel that the designs are truly that similar just based on similarity of concept. Thanks for the link, tho!

i'd still appreciate any more links that people have got.

epocalypse

actually, you know, looking at travis he himself has gotten more than one image of a girl riding a robot printed so there you go.

(also, mad props to travis76, he's a great designer.)

sharkfrenzy

amazing sketch. reminds me of Iron Giant, the movie :) 5.

epocalypse

thanks, i was kinda trying for that look, especially for the robots head.

Penguins_Dawn

reminds me a bit too much of Ashley Wood

epocalypse

a bit too much? i was definitely inspired by his style (he's one of my favorite artists) but I thought i was branching out enough -_-

epocalypse

i am actually working on preproduction work to turn these characters into a cartoon short. it will probably only ever be a preproduction spec book, but still i'm having a lot of fun with it.

kwwojo

YEAH! 5

shesays

I feel retarded - are her arms at her sides??

epocalypse

yes, yes they are, like she's got her shoulders rolled back. huh, no one else has asked that yet.

gee, last day of scores. i hope this ends well.

epocalypse

i just want to thank you all for scoring this design, i think this will be my first design since i started my sophomore year to break 1.6 thousand scores and maybe get closeish to 2000 (harder and harder raw score count to reach these days) please do critique it if you've got a moment to spend.

epocalypse

1.6 thousand, thanks!

epocalypse

lets see if we can get to 1.7 thou!

Cuddle Core

i don't usually like robots and whatnot.
but ... i like your style.

$5

epocalypse

Thanks mad much cuddle core!

this design is going to break 1.8 thousand! AWESOME!!!

epocalypse

tch.

not a bad score, the best of my hand drawn designs, still i wish it had done better, it was one of my personal favorites. --

^
^ thanks for scoring the design everyone, maybe it will still get to the shirt front.

No account?
Join Us