Close
One second...

Linework Making Action for Photoshop.

I know some people could use this, so here it is!

Its an action for Photoshop that will turn pencil or ink lines into a layer so you can paint under it. If the lines aren't dark enough, use brightness/contrast to darken the lines while keeping the background white.

It will prompt you to choose a foreground color. Pick the color you want for the lines.

Download Here!

try it out, and let me know how it treats ya!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
speedyjvw

i justed used this
its super awesome

slaterock

super genius. I use this for every sub, so needless to say, it's indispensable.

stickymike

you know how I roll.

stickymike

bump for anyone who missed it.

sonmi

ooo, i may use this someday

abeadle

whoa!!! thank you mike!! that is really rad of you and i like how its named in the action panel and everything.

Ellsswhere

well this just goes to show teaching yourself photoshop has its downfalls, how the hell do you use actions, and what benefit would this have over just hitting multiply

Malcolm Man

Fuckin A! Thanks a ton man! This is some magical shit!

funkie fresh

cool. i'll need to try this out

stickymike

ellswhere. You just load it in the actions, you might even be able to drag and drop it into photoshop.

Its benefit is that the linework is the only thing on the layer. you can color the linework, or only parts of the linework. Use it once, and you will never use multiply linework layers again

starr226

hm...i clicked that link but it didn't give me anything to DL. just a bunch of text-y gibberish.
...am I doing something wrong, or simply not smart enough to grasp what I should be doing?

Monkey III

put it in your actions folder

starr226

put WHAT into my actions folder?
I don't see/have an .atn file.

i feel like a retard right now.

atomic child

go into programs files, adobe, presets, actions then save it there then load the action in photoshop

Monkey III

hmm that's weird -- the link works
(I use firefox)

I can mail it to ya if ya like

aled

You legend. Thanks Mike

Monkey III

wait I didn't try it out yet myself, since I only use PS for photos only. Is the file 2 kb?

starr226

alright, i tried it in Firefox and it downloaded. All is fine now.
sorry for the derailing.

Monkey III

it's all good in the threadless hood ^^

ISABOA

oh oh I am gonna trty it out -

stickymike

you silly goose starr

KDLIG

YEEEEESSS! thanks mike, I can use this one for my freelance job,thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!

thunderpeel

sweetness, thanks, sticky man

Mojie

Awesome! I can definitely use this. :)

Ellsswhere

yaknow how you use photoshop one way then someone comes along and shows you one little tweek that doubles your productivity... actions were lost to me until this, now i am beeboppin and skattin all over my old tasks with custom actions
so thank you mike

viralVISUAL

I use this thing alllll the time these days.

DesignbyProxy

I'm confused, how does this work?

sonmi

oh i need to try this still

viralVISUAL

You download it and add it to your actions (Don't remember how/can't find out cuz im not at home), then you run it on a scan or something you need to get linework off of, and it will separate the lines from the background white and put it on a new layer.

I notice it messes up and makes the lines white if the layer you're splitting isn't called "Background" though.

snaggle tooth

fudgesicles, game on my brose!

olie!

wait, how is this any different from just making a new layer and drawing your ink linework on it, and then making another layer under that one to paint?

viralVISUAL

Because you don't have to redraw anything. If you draw it cleanly on a piece of paper you can scan it in black & white and have this separate it.

Ellsswhere

I think its intended to separate your lines so they can use them in the design and not ink them again. either way if you have any repetitive tasks like resizing photos or adjusting colors/exposure you can create your own action by simply hitting the record button, it makes life easier in general

ladrones

i wanna see people show an example of what this does, like a before and after. i dont get it because im stupid. :(

Tonteau

Finally, something that can do my intricate linework justice.

J-Ray

lol^

snaggle tooth

all i get is a bunch of text. no link...

snaggle tooth

i figured it out. You can't download it with safari. so i used firefox.

thanks for nothing everyone!

herky

thanks for sharing this stickymike, it's wonderful!

jayrawz

thanx man i dloaded it

starr226

i've been using this since you posted it. mike - it's fan-freaking-tastic.

VOXPOP STUDIOS

This is amazing! I've only just tested it but can't wait to use it in my process. Thank you very, very much.

quister

I'm clueless, I down loaded but I can't find where the action's folder is located in photoshop? Help!

DrawingEvils

does this app works on mac?

wullagaru

yeah it does its pretty sweet too Ill use this for when I get back into digital painting

kiiarella

thank youuuuuu (L)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?