Close
One second...

30 and Robofriend

rob and big design first attempt. thoughts.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
epocalypse

rob and big design first attempt. thoughts.

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

reminds me of a number of other girl riding robot designs already submitted at threadless.

It's good, but I feel it has been done.

epocalypse

really? I haven't seen them, do you have any links?

epocalypse

any suggestion on how it needs work? also i am still curious to see links to the other so called girl riding a robot designs.

epocalypse

got another version coming up now

epocalypse

this one has superior coloring and would go on beige. 7 colors total. thoughts?

epocalypse

thanks whom ever you are!

epocalypse

i'd love a bit more feed back on this, i have one idea of adding a cloud to the other side but besides that.

epocalypse

thanks! I've been working on cleaning it up already. ^^

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

damn epoclaypse i thought you did only vectors, your drawing style is really good as for suggestions at first i didnt see the girl, seemed like part of the robot, maybe a different color on her would help, good luck

epocalypse

thanks againstbound! so, you mean like a flesh tone instead of that same white that is in the robot? i'll see what i can do.

epocalypse

3rd version coming up now, color tweaking and cleaning up

epocalypse

3rd version coming up now, color tweaking and cleaning up, still for rob and big. thoughts?

epocalypse

tsk. i wish you'd tell me why you don't think i should sub, i mean that is the first vote against it i've gotten so far so i'd like to know please. any more responses would be great appreciated as well. I'm already pretty sure that I am going to sub this design eventually because I think It's been coming out great.

epocalypse

also going to have link to full view of art up soon.

epocalypse

another version coming up soon.

epocalypse

newest version, further color clean up and tweaking of the design. added another cloud to the background. which will be a different direction, an alternate to the previous ones.

epocalypse

its 7 colors, and it would go on cream, i might to an eight color version to give the girl a different skintone, though.

epocalypse

alternate version will be up later today.

SpringWerx

It has some beautiful subtlties to it, but I would like to see atleast parts of the robot emerge more defined.

epocalypse

hmm, how do mean? like harder edged/shaped in comparison to the rest of the sketch, something like that?

epocalypse

i really wish that people would say why when they click don't sub. oh well.

ps: thanks for the comment sprongwerx

epocalypse

"springwerx"

sorry -_- bad typing day

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

i think the girl still blends too mch with the robot, maybe jus changing her pants to teh red youre using will fix that, and i disagree with spring werx, i lov e the sketchy feel, nice going

epocalypse

thanks again, man. i've got another version coming up soon thats a bit different in the colors, but i think it may solve some of the issues.

epocalypse

okay, so here is the latest. 8 colors on cream, giving the girl her own tone and using halftones on both the girl and the robot to add a little more definition. its kind of gimmicky, but i used only dot halftones on the girl and only line halftones on the robot. i kind of like the results. i also played with the color to try to make it jump out more. thoughts?

LINK2DPAST

I think it looks awesome but the dot halftone's dots are too big and don't fit with the line halftones, which look really smooth and blendy.

epocalypse

Thanks! do you mean all the dot half tones or the ones on the boots in particular? Because the latter are something i thought i might wan to change.

LINK2DPAST

I think all of the ones on the girl seem too big, except the ones on the shirt.

epocalypse

thanks! i'll see how i can work on that

LINK2DPAST

I really like this design, though. I'm trying to figure out my own friend design. Nothing's coming to me right now.

epocalypse

i was lucky, this one struck me in the head pretty much the moment i saw he design topic.

LINK2DPAST

Wow, that is lucky.

I did a couple of sketches that I'm gonna work on in PS but it's looking helpless right now.

epocalypse

well good luck, hope the idea forms!

LINK2DPAST

Good luck with this design. It should do well.

epocalypse

somebody has not liked any version of this. Please tell me why you think i should not submit it. also here is a link to higher res that is also completely true to color ( the gif here is slightly off)

high res

epocalypse

this is the last version of the day and the first version i actually feel is ready to be subbed. that said, i would still love to hear what people think of it for a couple of days before i push it in or change it again. I would really appreciate it if you said something regardless of which vote you click, cause every little bit helps. thanks in advance

8 colors on cream. high res here

jpeacockdesign

this is a really great illustration but it needs to be cleaned up. and the half tone dots are kinda distracting

epocalypse

great. thanks for the input!

epocalypse

the more i look at it the more i think i need to re do the half tone, will work on that...

epocalypse

thanks, although i don't think i want to clean it up too much (the next version is quite a bit cleaner in my opinion, but it still is sketchy, i mean that's my style) anywho, should be up in a day or two. thanks again for the comment!

bortwein

this is the first design that comes to mind: (sorry for the delay in reply)

bortwein

I keep forgetting that Critques don't allow posting of images. Here is the link:
We Came To Dance

epocalypse

thanks man. still though, i've been working on my design for a while, i think i am going o keep going with it. thanks for the feedback and the link any more i'd also appreciate.

epocalypse

also just stating my personal opinion here:

there is no such thing as too many designs of people riding robots. I mean you need one for everyday, one for work, and one for black tie affairs at least. also, i think that one you linked me to is great, nothing like my style of art, but great.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?