Close
One second...

Site-Specific Studio Sound

sorry about the shitty jpeg compression, i had to try really hard to get the swf within the size limit haha (this is after taking out the music!). a somewhat clearer but not interactive image is available here: http://mitchv.com/junk/threadless.png

this image uses GLOW-IN-THE-DARK ink, which is why it was important to me to use flash to show it in different levels of light (click in the lower left corner and use the mouse to go around the panorama).

anyway, discogs is rad. i use it like every day, i'm not even just asskissing, seriously. uh, this is my picture. it represents every artist and audiophile's intimate relationship with making and listening to music as well as the marriage of analog (past) and digital (present) equipment with a kind of dark sci-fi biomechanical element (future, and totally techno!).

the design i would say was largely inspired by the video for 'D.A.N.C.E' by Justice as well as the cover of 'Underground Communication' by Bassnectar, and is tablet-drawn with halftones. 3 colors of ink including glow-in-the-dark ink, and looks better on dark base colors. i hope you all think it is rad and give me lots of votes!

Watch this
oolong

sorry about the shitty jpeg compression, i had to try really hard to get the swf within the size limit haha (this is after taking out the music!). a somewhat clearer but not interactive image is available here: http://mitchv.com/junk/threadless.png

this image uses GLOW-IN-THE-DARK ink, which is why it was important to me to use flash to show it in different levels of light (click in the lower left corner and use the mouse to go around the panorama).

anyway, discogs is rad. i use it like every day, i'm not even just asskissing, seriously. uh, this is my picture. it represents every artist and audiophile's intimate relationship with making and listening to music as well as the marriage of analog (past) and digital (present) equipment with a kind of dark sci-fi biomechanical element (future, and totally techno!).

the design i would say was largely inspired by the video for 'D.A.N.C.E' by Justice as well as the cover of 'Underground Communication' by Bassnectar, and is tablet-drawn with halftones. 3 colors of ink including glow-in-the-dark ink, and looks better on dark base colors. i hope you all think it is rad and give me lots of votes!

BlameTheSuburbs

haha hilarious flash presentation. click on the thumb and it spins very seizure-like.

Robsoul

That's pretty cool, lots of work went into it and I dig the GID element to the design.

Seneschal

Go Mitch go!

Zeldyn

Freaking awesome! I want one :D

Maxist

Im usually not into special inks like glow in the dark, but i really like this design, and the presentation is a cool too.

DaveSmith

sweet Jeebus! $5

Animeko

Awesome design Ooly :D

Chelseaoyesums

amazing presentation
i'd totally buy this
bravo

ycr

Bad Assery at it's finest.
I want this shirt like it's no body's business.

KDLIG

this is awsome! $5

katarica

I had to create an account to say I'd buy this! but I would, so moot point. Go Oolong!

olie!

Hey mitch! nice one, I was a little doubtful when I first saw it, but it looks BAD ASS on the shirt! Great work, man, I'm diggin' the scrolling action, too. Gotta throw down a 5!

Perudoesitbetterthanu

wow! this is one of the most well designed subs ive seen today.

great job.

oolong

thank you so much for your support and feedback, everyone! I'm so excited @u@ (6 more days!!)

uuthrunthru

I'm biased, but so what. It's brilliant!

otiphanyv

I'm unbiased, and I think it's brilliant too!

ilovecutedorks

my mind - it's blown. you did that. YAY! 5$

FRICKINAWESOME

Once i finally figured out how to see the whole thing on a shirt, I was bowled over by how incredible this inner rave dance dance revolution looks on a person! Honestly, i Can't imagine owning another "hey, check out what's inside me!" shirt, but perhaps i can squeeze just ONE MORE into my already ample collection.

4$

zorack

Life... Shift+4, 5! Good one dude.

TheDood

cool stuff man, great detail.

ozmodiar

Really great job! I love the heart + mic.

ozmodiar

or it could be a plug? still great!

oolong

ozmodiar: it's the plug from the headphones cord :)
everyone: thanks again! i am so overwhelmed by the positive response, of course scores always end up being a little lower than expected but i'm crossing my fingers :) thanks so much

Djjaims

I too, heart Discogs. And I'd kill to spin on THAT system. Maybe I can at least wear it. 5$

mobilegirl08

wonderful! I'd SO buy this =D

kinautta

Woow, so much work! very nice:)

eightythreee

excellent! I'd like to see it on eggplant, but I love it all the same. 5$

oolong

aww bummer
well thanks anyway all
i'll keep trying till i figure out the formula for success :)

olie!

hey mitch,
I really dug this design, but just a heads up, maybe don't use a flash presentation next time and just stick to a straight up gif with everything on it or something. It's simpler that way, and people seem to like it more.
Good luck, and lookin' forward to more of your subs!

No account?