Close
One second...

i+i=we

• by Mr. Reed
  • posted Jan 09, 2008
  • 37 Comments

iPod, iBook, iDog, iThis, iThat...The Pronoun I is everywhere, and whether this ubiquitous individuality is a good thing or a bad thing depends on your perspective. But, if GOOD is about people who are connected and give a damn, then what better way to say it than all of us little i's getting together to see what big things can happen.

Watch this
Mr. Reed

iPod, iBook, iDog, iThis, iThat...The Pronoun I is everywhere, and whether this ubiquitous individuality is a good thing or a bad thing depends on your perspective. But, if GOOD is about people who are connected and give a damn, then what better way to say it than all of us little i's getting together to see what big things can happen.

ekrass

nice

dunn wanna.

at first i thought it was a Wii reference.

rickeee

yea

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

the shadows should be different colours depending on which shirt colour they rest on. look at your own shadow. it is not always the same colour, it should just be a greyish/darker version of the colour the object is resting on.

a grey shadow on black is just silly

Icepyro

thats a lot of i's :P

JoeMonster

iThink iLike iT!

samnarisa1

I love the design when i know the meaning it's so true!
:]
But unfortunately i wouldnt wear it because others wouldnt get it without me explaining it to everyone.
But excellent concept indeed!

The Hip

Ingenius...Ah, guess who Roy?

mikofierro

WOW!!! $5!!! I would buy it!!!

alsr

for those that actually don't get it, I would actually say go back to school. The whole concept is actually quite brilliant, and the colour contrast works perfectly. Unless it's a white shirt. Other than that I would buy it in a second. Does it come in black and purple.

Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni

very clever

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Man....this is a really cool optical illusion and concept! the more i stare at it, the better it gets. Especially the long view of this on a shirt, the shadows look really nice and i dig the message and solidarity this shirt promotes.

5$

citrouille

I also thought it was a Wii reference.

bubbleman

nice concept.

BuFFeT

if someone saw this shirt being worn from far away....then walked towards that person whilst staring at the shirt...they'd be like "wow! huh?" xD

treed

ilove wearing social relevance!!!! Sign me up for pink!

alexjewell

I like it on the yellow, orange, and black...although the shadow on the black should be a different color.

dianarose

this is CAKE

Nae1976

Its a nice concept but you have to stand back to see the 'we'. Have you played around with this to see if you could get the 'i's any tighter to come together into more obvious lettering?

idmustcontain

i kind of agree with ginetteginette, but instead of a darker version of the t-shirt color, it should be a darker version if it's complementary color. as in if it's pink, use a a lime green but a few shades darker.

letusbefree

This is a really cool design, but it takes explaining, which is not always a good thing. D:

Mr. Reed

Lot's of critiquing of the shadows, but there was method to my madness. Barring changing the inks for every new t-shirt colour to a dark version of the complementary colour of the shirt being screened (which would be the right way to do the shadow in a perfect world) which would be a lot of work and time if I remember my experiences doing silkscreening back in my Bachelor of Fine Art days, I chose to use a neutral grey, which tends to work as a complementary colour in that it still pops against its background. If Threaless were to choose this shirt, there's nothing to stop them from changing the shadow colours up according to suggestion. I did play with the positioning of the i's, and they can't get to close or they get lost as a mass of white. I like that from far away you see the word, and from up close you see the individuals. That was kind of the point. Thanks for weighing in.

Mr. Reed

Excuse the spelling error. That should have said "get TOO close."

treed

I disagree - it doesn't take explaining. If you don't get it, it doesn't apply to you. :P

Lithe27

definately a green^^

marblehunt

Better on medium-dark/dark colours. Great concept, no explanation needed.

joybells

calculas: you + me = us

joybells

(in case you didn't notice, i don't know how to spell calculus)

Bride-of-Frankie

I like it on black. The contrast really pops.

TheFlyingHippo

And here I thought i+i = 2(i^(1/2)....

No account?